• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 GRADING CONTEST

96 posts in this topic

I really don't want to discourage those who wish to play but not pay the $5 fee too play.

So a little vote will help me decide about the $5 fee.

All sounds great fun to me, Nik, but to keep things more collegial and a little less competitive, I would urge you to skip the money part.

I have no problem skipping the $5 fee to enter either but thought it would be a good incentive to keep it moving and to motivate people in submitting their grades without me chasing them down or making anyone else wait.

Whatever you guys decide is OK with me, but if we get the same number of players as last year, a $500 minimum pot to the winner is not a bad thing ;)

Well, there's no reason you should have to chase them down. If they miss a deadline, that's their tough luck. DQ them and move on. That's fair for those of us who take deadlines seriously and don't need monetary incentives.

That aside, I truly believe from personal experience that entering money into the equation in anything is always a slide down a slippery slope.....

I don't want the $5 fee to be a distraction or make a big deal out of it.

I can always make it optional for those who wish too play but not pay. The only thing is that if the winner turns out be a person who did not pay to enter, he would be exempt from the pot.

I don't want the $5 fee to be a distraction or make a big deal out of it.

I can always make it optional for those who wish too play but not pay. The only thing is that if the winner turns out be a person who did not pay to enter, he would be exempt from the pot.

That's a perfect proposition and appeases the tightwads... :sumo:

I'd be glad to send you $5 to "sweeten the pot" . . . (thumbs u

But, I don't like the idea of the anonymous numbers. I'd rather know who is cleaning my clock . . .

(thumbs u or better yet who's I'm kicking...

I hope it doesn't snow between now and the end of the contest! :wishluck:

:baiting:

:flamed:

The more players we get the bigger the pot, if people decide its a go. I will start an official sign in thread and I will ask Doc or Andrew to be the bankers for the fee to play.

I would really like to get this started by the weekend.

I would be happy to do whatever, nik. I am not participating in the contest.

Grading comics from a scan alone? , that's stoopid. So it should be right up my alley!

Count me in and thanks to all those hosting this shin dig.

Whatever rules you want to set are fine by me.

Same here. I'm sure I can find a loophole that can cause enough controversy to everyone off. :angel:

Same here. I'm sure I can find a loophole that can cause enough controversy to everyone off. :angel:

You get to me just by breathing. :foryou:

:sorry: