• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Those Who Have Been Reading The R.I.P. Storyline...

37 posts in this topic

I think the back story of the Black Glove remains to be told. And we're left with a couple of alternative explanations for Dr. Hurt. The current plans call for Morrison to return after the O'Neil and Gaiman two-parters, and after the completion of the Battle for the Cowl.

Far from a train wreck, I've enjoyed RIP quite a bit. (thumbs u

Im right there with you. Enjoyed the whole thing once I had a grasp as to what was going on.

Comic book characters never die...haven't you guys figured this out yet? :)

The just get raped by the current creative team to gain interest in a title, then the story goes back where it belongs...why is it considered creative to kill a major character?

Just lazy writing IMHO.

Pat,

Dr. Hurt certainly makes that claim, but that's his tactic to psychologically beat down Bruce. Just because he says so, it may or may not be true.

We're left with 3 possibilities:

1- Dr. Hurt is who he says he is. :o

2- Dr. Hurt is who Batman says he is: Mangrove Pierce. The world's greatest detective must have his reasons, but then again he could just be in denial.

3- Dr. Hurt is the devil himself, Satan. In my opinion this only works if left open-ended, i.e. maybe Satan is Mangrove Pierce, or maybe Satan possessed Mangrove Pierce ("I skinned him alive and wore him to that party", wore him like a Black Glove perhaps?), or maybe Mangrove Pierce is so insane he just thinks he is Satan.

Good old Ra's pit comes to mind.....yet another rise from the dead storyline. It will probably be Bruce taking a leave and someone else taking the cowl for a while or Bruce could get injuried and layed up for a while like the Batman broken back storyline.

Just finished Batman 681. A few thoughts:

1. Batman RIP was truly a train wreck.

2. Bruce isn't dead. The cape and cowl Nightwing was holding at the end were removed by Batman before he jumped onto the helicopter.

3. And we didn't see a body.

4. Jezebel Jet got a nice comeuppance. Thank you Talia for that.

5. I'm wondering if DC will make us wait a year and a half for Batman 700 to bring Bruce back. It's the kind of big event DC and Marvel like for anniversary issues. Until then, I think I can live with Grayson as Batman. Please not another Azrael.

6. I'm looking forward to the Neil Gaiman stories. At least his weak material is still stronger than most of the other comic stories out there.

Good old Ra's pit comes to mind.....yet another rise from the dead storyline. It will probably be Bruce taking a leave and someone else taking the cowl for a while or Bruce could get injuried and laid by Talia for a while like the Batman broken back storyline.

Fixed that for ya. (thumbs u

i wonder what they're doing with detective comics, 'cause this morrison idea is beyond stupid. how can morrison write absolutely brilliant issues of A.S.S. and write hack bullchit like r.i.p.?

Might as well add Final Crisis to the bullchit Morrison list. He has long been overrated IMHO.

i wonder what they're doing with detective comics, 'cause this morrison idea is beyond stupid. how can morrison write absolutely brilliant issues of A.S.S. and write hack bullchit like r.i.p.?

Might as well add Final Crisis to the bullchit Morrison list. He has long been overrated IMHO.

Is this worse than Spider-man and Mephisto making a deal? :devil:

Yes. Besides I like BND

Well if it looks like a big steaming pile of wet turd and it smells like a big steaming pile of wet turd it probably is a big steaming pile of wet turd

Good point. BND is much worse because it theoretically erases the classic Gwen/Goblin hook up in Spidey fans' minds. lol

:pullhair::mad: Train wreck doesn't even begin to describe this complete garbage that Morrison has been allowed to spew. Batman has long been a character that is relevant for the times written. Enjoying Bruce/Batman as a character requires some suspension of disbelief when attempting to place in a timeline some of his more "what the?" moments in his adventures. To come to where this character is after the outstanding writing over the past few years (Morrison's poor rendition notwithstanding) is appalling and DC should be ashamed of themselves. How did this story past the common sense test? Quarter bin fodder no doubt.

:( Chris