• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Those Who Have Been Reading The R.I.P. Storyline...

37 posts in this topic

Well, who knows with DC these days, but here's what I'm hoping will take place.

Since Morrison's run has been about trying to humanize the Batman, and integrate all the various interpretations over the years (not solely the post-Frank Miller borderline psycho), I think he'll have Bruce Wayne just walk away from the Batman role for a while, and try to do some good as Bruce Wayne for a change. Inevitably they'll need to bring Bruce back, so this way they can play around with the "Whatever Happened..." 2-parter and the battle for the cowl without too-obviously re-treading the 1990s storylines like Death of Superman or Knightfall.

That's what I hope will go down, but who knows with DC these days? :screwy:

I've no idea where Morrison's going with this.

I think Bruce will actually go insane for a while and not be mentally capable of being Batman. What really surprises me is that although Batman had a contingency plan for an attack on his mind, he didn't have one for him not being able to be Batman. A bit short sighted as Banes back massage wasn't that long ago and he had Azrael in waiting then.

Oh yeah, if there was a stand-in Batman ready there wouldn't be any money spinning mini series would there?

Well, next week Batman #681 comes out, and apparently that's the end of the R.I.P. storyline.

:banana: I hate this R.I.P. *spoon*.

For those who have been following along, do you think that they will actually kill off Bruce? If not, how do you think they will end the storyline off?

Bruce will not die. He is Batman. Do you hear that Dan Dido and editors of DC? Bruce Wayne is Batman. So someone else, probably Grayson, will be Batman until next summer when DC needs another big event which will be the return of Bruce Wayne as Batman and they'll get more press in the civilian world and bumps in sales and we'll get more manufactured collectibles and artificially hot comics that will be in the dollar bins come 2011.

Batman isnt going to die. That would be the absolute worst move in DC history. That would be like Marvel killing Spider-Man... I mean really killing him, not just letting writers run the title into the ground (with holding the current run)

DC has already spoiled Batman RIP by telling us that Batman's appearances in Final Crisis take place AFTER RIP ends. Something does happen to Bruce in Final Crisis 6 that takes him out of the picture as Batman and sets up "Battle for the Cowl".

how hard is it to guess that Bruce takes a leave of absence for awhile? Doesnt really matter what plot device causes it, Bruce steps aside. End of story. Tune in next year for the "big return. He'll show up to stop the infighting by his "loyal replacements."

Maybe Azrael will reappear thinking its his job again. Cant wait. ugh.

DC has already spoiled Batman RIP by telling us that Batman's appearances in Final Crisis take place AFTER RIP ends. Something does happen to Bruce in Final Crisis 6 that takes him out of the picture as Batman and sets up "Battle for the Cowl".

Dc has a history of that.. Kind of How they showed Kyle Rayner as Green Lantern on a cover of Countdown while he was still Paralax in Sinstro Corp Wars(SP?)

how hard is it to guess that Bruce takes a leave of absence for awhile? Doesnt really matter what plot device causes it, Bruce steps aside. End of story. Tune in next year for the "big return. He'll show up to stop the infighting by his "loyal replacements."

Maybe Azrael will reappear thinking its his job again. Cant wait. ugh.

The Joker will run around dressed as Batman and Bruce will have to fight him to regain the cowl.

I think the back story of the Black Glove remains to be told. And we're left with a couple of alternative explanations for Dr. Hurt. The current plans call for Morrison to return after the O'Neil and Gaiman two-parters, and after the completion of the Battle for the Cowl.

Far from a train wreck, I've enjoyed RIP quite a bit. (thumbs u

I was very disappointed in the ending actually. The whole RIP line was very.......confusing and I did not see what Detective, robin, nightwing had to do with the storyline. The delays on the last issue was also terrible. I dunno though. I actually been enjoying batman confidential to be completely honest.