• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW, puts things in perspective

37 posts in this topic

Okay. I don't claim to be the brightest light bulb on the Christmas tree, or not even ONE of them, and I have a hard time wrapping my brain around this subject. But I will do my best.

I just got finished watching a show on TV about Parallel Universes. Scientists say they are virtually certain some exist and that theoritically, the numbers of them may be unlimited. It is based on Quantum Physics (branch of physics that uses quantum theory to describe and predict the properties of a physical thing) and Algorithms (step by step method to solve a problem).

"They" claim to have identified 11 parallel universes and suspect two others, but say that in theory there could be Zillons and more. "They" state that each and every action or thought from each and every person or living thing, creates an alternate universe where things happen differently because of said thought or action.

These "ideas" were first put forth by Einstein and his student, Rosan (sp) back in 1938.

Scientist claim that in your own living room, there are dinosaurs, space aliens, talking lions, or whatever you can dream up. They are there right now doing what ever they do, but that we just can not see them.

Sceintist also claim the it is theorically possible to travel through a "worm hole" to these other universes, and theorically possible to survive the trip, but the "hard part" (I love that :) ) would be directing where you end up. You could end up inside a sun or a wall, or a volcano. Additionally, each and every time you went through a worm hole you would end up somewhere else. So, you could never return.

Further more, scientists state that the end of our known universe is certain, after a certain passage of time (probably a REALLY long time) (Let's hope :) ), and that the human race's only means to continue may be by sending nano-robots containing human DNA and the basis of all life on our planet, through worm holes, in vast numbers, so that some may end up somewhere in parallel universes, and the process that brought us here can have a chance to start again.

It is a facinating, albeit therotical, outlook on our comic books heroes. If you take the word of our brightest scientists, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and all the rest, most certainly exist somewhere in a parallel universe, and maybe many.

Puts a new perspective on our funny books, especially Flash #123, don't ya think?

If you put any stock into all of this, somewhere, YOU are Superman. and Batman, and Speedball (yuck), and Mole Man (double yuck), and Adolph Hitler (triple double yuck). But then again, so am I :)

Makes me realize how insigificant I am in this universe. But it also makes me realize that all that matters anywhere, is me and my loved ones. The rest do not matter to me, here, in THIS universe.

I think of it this way: Consider that a solid marble block already contains within it any scupture you can imagine. Consider that it simultaneously contains all possible sculptures that fit within that space. The only thing separating and delineating those coexisting scupltures is your point of view.

I figure all of reality works on the same basis.

:grin::insane:

It's a fun subject, but they confuse the issue when they say things like "each decision you make creates another reality". That's just wrong, and very misleading in the way it romanticizes the theory. Even if the theory is correct, it differentiates on random alternate paths at the quantum level. Something as complex as 'making a decision', undertaken by a large thinking entity like a human being, involves bazillions (technical term) of such events.

PS I haven't a clue what I'm talking about. Just want to make that clear (thumbs u

Makes me realize how insigificant I am in this universe. But it also makes me realize that all that matters anywhere, is me and my loved ones. The rest do not matter to me, here, in THIS universe.

I realized how insignificant humans were the first time I flew in a plane and looked down, the buildings were so small, that really put things into perspective for me, kinda reminded me looking down at a ant hill, on a more pleasant thought just think somewhere in a parallel universe Action Comics 1 is hitting the stands brand new tommorrow at 10 cents cover.

Okay. I don't claim to be the brightest light bulb on the Christmas tree, or not even ONE of them, and I have a hard time wrapping my brain around this subject. But I will do my best.

I just got finished watching a show on TV about Parallel Universes. Scientists say they are virtually certain some exist and that theoritically, the numbers of them may be unlimited. It is based on Quantum Physics (branch of physics that uses quantum theory to describe and predict the properties of a physical thing) and Algorithms (step by step method to solve a problem).

"They" claim to have identified 11 parallel universes and suspect two others, but say that in theory there could be Zillons and more. "They" state that each and every action or thought from each and every person or living thing, creates an alternate universe where things happen differently because of said thought or action.

These "ideas" were first put forth by Einstein and his student, Rosan (sp) back in 1938.

Scientist claim that in your own living room, there are dinosaurs, space aliens, talking lions, or whatever you can dream up. They are there right now doing what ever they do, but that we just can not see them.

Sceintist also claim the it is theorically possible to travel through a "worm hole" to these other universes, and theorically possible to survive the trip, but the "hard part" (I love that :) ) would be directing where you end up. You could end up inside a sun or a wall, or a volcano. Additionally, each and every time you went through a worm hole you would end up somewhere else. So, you could never return.

Further more, scientists state that the end of our known universe is certain, after a certain passage of time (probably a REALLY long time) (Let's hope :) ), and that the human race's only means to continue may be by sending nano-robots containing human DNA and the basis of all life on our planet, through worm holes, in vast numbers, so that some may end up somewhere in parallel universes, and the process that brought us here can have a chance to start again.

It is a facinating, albeit therotical, outlook on our comic books heroes. If you take the word of our brightest scientists, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and all the rest, most certainly exist somewhere in a parallel universe, and maybe many.

Puts a new perspective on our funny books, especially Flash #123, don't ya think?

If you put any stock into all of this, somewhere, YOU are Superman. and Batman, and Speedball (yuck), and Mole Man (double yuck), and Adolph Hitler (triple double yuck). But then again, so am I :)

Sounds like a DVD called "What the bleep do we know" (actual title)

You can rent it at most movie rental stores like BB...

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching it...It will at the very least raise some questions you may have had about religion and our relationships to the things that surround us ;)

The DVD deals with quantum physics (sub-atomic particles) in part, as well....WATCH IT

Sounds like a DVD called "What the bleep do we know" (actual title)

You can rent it at most movie rental stores like BB...

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching it...It will at the very least raise some questions you may have had about religion and our relationships to the things that surround us ;)

The DVD deals with quantum physics (sub-atomic particles) in part, as well....WATCH IT

Word of warning on that film, it starts with a bit of quantum physics but goes off at very strange tangents, drawing completely bizarre and plainly false deductions from misquoted and misunderstood scientific theory. Don't take my word for it, wiki it :foryou:

Hawkins proposed that there were tiny black holes all over the place and that matter could just disappear at any time...Smart people believe fantastical things but that doesn't make them true... hm

Word of warning on that film, it starts with a bit of quantum physics but goes off at very strange tangents, drawing completely bizarre and plainly false deductions from misquoted and misunderstood scientific theory. Don't take my word for it, wiki it :foryou:

Wiki = The bastion of 100% correct information.

:baiting:

Hawkins proposed that there were tiny black holes all over the place and that matter could just disappear at any time...Smart people believe fantastical things but that doesn't make them true... hm

Yea just like the freak citing "scientists state that the end of our known universe is certain" The end of the universe is certain, unless it goes on. In which case it wont end.

On an even grander scale, taking into account that the known universe does not end ever (as some suggest here).

Mishio Kaku states that at the rate technology advances (and it is accelerating), eventually whatever you can imagine will come to pass in our universe. He states that it is impossible for anything to vanish. Everything just changes form. He says that even ones memories can not vanish, but are "out there" in some form.

Having said all of that. He says that because of technology advancing and nothing ever simply vanishes, someday we will be able to tap the memories of those that have passed and we will also be able to use something like a cell phone to call up our passed ancestors and hear their memories and probably even converse with them. He says that with the passage of enough time, any and all things will be possible and probable.

His assumption is that technology continues to advance and given enough time, all things will eventually become reality, because of this constant advancement. It may take a million or three million years though.

My personal goal is to make it until 2026 or so (assuming the Aztecs and other passed civilizations are wrong about 2012), because that is when Seti believes we will have enough evidence (through their experiments and others) to ascertain if there is intelligent alien life in our galaxy. I want to know before I die. It would put a whole new perspective on us and on religion. Maybe.

Of course if you believe in God (any and all God/s), there is for sure intelligent alien life. What the heck would you call God, if not intelligent alien life?

So Brande Roderick is in my house somewhere, along with heidi Klum?