• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC scanner problem

12 posts in this topic

OKAY...I know this has been discussed ad nauseam, :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: , but I'm too lazy and/or stupid to search all those posts on it.

I would like a consensus opinion on the best legal sizescanner for CGC books. Price is not an object, but I already have 3 scanners and I don't want to drop $700. on one just for slabbed books.

I've tested a few at the local chain stores, but nothing did a good job. Thanks in advance and feel free to blast away with the sarcastic remarks. I deserve it.

Rich

I've got some Epson something or other, but I learned that it's not the scanner that matter, but the setting. It didn't do well on photos, but when I set it to "Magazine" it did a fantastic job. The downside is that it's not tall enought to get a complete slab.

Find a HP Scanjet 8200 on fleabay You will be happy.Last time I looked some guy had refurbished ones pretty cheap.

Just bought one on ebay, and whole-heartedly agree. Its the best for scanning slabs.

If you have a minute, would one of you do me a favor and post one of your slabbed scans on here? I would really appreciate it. Much thanks.

Rich