• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collection Hunter

37 posts in this topic

$800? That is a remarkable number considering we are talking about modern drek without any of the big modern keys you would expect to be sprinkled in this mass mess. Relay to seller you are impressed with how they maximized return beyond any reasonable optimized scenario.

man, you guys are harsh! sure, i wouldn't pay more than $200 for that in bulk either (and I would pass entirely because I need 7 long boxes of dreck like i need a triple hernia), BUT, I probably would come close to that over time if my LCS filtered these into the discount boxes. there are definitely a decent number of $1 and 3/$2 type books in there, some complete minis, story arcs, TPBs... maby the spideys and various issues from the other titles.

The guy had a Batman 92 and 120 in there? I find that very surprising.

i assumed that, as well as superman 21, etc. is a reference to another series, not the original series (superman being 2d series, batman 92 and 120..dunno what that would be about unless we're talking coverless copies...his list seems to understand the different series though)

The guy had a Batman 92 and 120 in there? I find that very surprising.

i assumed that, as well as superman 21, etc. is a reference to another series, not the original series (superman being 2d series, batman 92 and 120..dunno what that would be about unless we're talking coverless copies...his list seems to understand the different series though)

Guaranteed the Batman 92 and 120 is a Legends of the Dark Knight book, the Superman 21 is either the current series or Man of Steel.

$800 is insane.

As a reader buyer the trouble with this is that there not many long runs to read, lots of gaps and most of the mini series are not complete, plus there are doubles that are not much interest to someone buying to read.

Earl.

$800?! Pass along my number if it really happened and I will sell that buyer books all day long.

I bought a pretty good size collection last year for a $400.00 asking price. There were some good keys in it, about 12 books in all, and the rest amounted to pure junk. I took about 2000 of those books and sold them to a shop at bulk for nearly $300.00 (thumbs u

Jazzman, the craigslist thing kills me when it comes to books. I have looked at collections mostly consisting of Image and people really think their books are worth thousands. :roflmao:

Once you explain it to them, most people understand their stuff is pretty worthless but there are some that refuse to believe and will keep lisitng the same books over on craigslist with their asking price steadily declining lol

If you can find a place that buys in bulk for ten or fifteen cents a book, sometimes buying that can be well worth it.

I've seen people advertise collections like this for thousands of $$$$ .... lol

Yeah,.....on craigslist. The only way to shop for comics... lol

It can get pretty nuts what people will ask for their comics on Craigslist.

I have been actively searching out and buying this on the site for the past 2months and have come up with some nice purchases though:

-Full run of Miracleman 1-24 :grin:

-500 piece late Silver/early Bronze (midgrade, but cheap :) )

-Original cover art (Star Wars #97 Marvel Series :o )

-4500 piece HG Copper collection, with a bunch of keys and nice dupes :banana: )

For the most part, people have been pretty reasonable when you meet them in person to view the material. If you can give an honest evaluation of their stuff, they usually are very willing to haggle on the price.

Still working on a few more leads, well see what happens....