• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone here like the Munsters?

22 posts in this topic

Yes . . . very nice painting . . . shame about the over-ambitious price.

Well, the piece started at 99 cents and had 26 bids to end at 13K. Nothing ambitious about the price, there was simply a healthy demand! I don't understand it either, but clearly people like this piece of art.

Malvin

Yes . . . very nice painting . . . shame about the over-ambitious price.

Well, the piece started at 99 cents and had 26 bids to end at 13K. Nothing ambitious about the price, there was simply a healthy demand! I don't understand it either, but clearly people like this piece of art.

Malvin

My mistake. I was concentrating on the image, and failing to notice that the price reflected actual bids. :blush:

A perfect example of nostalgia at work.

Maybe something to keep in mind when we see record numbers paid for comic art.

You beat me to it Felix. I, for one, grew up watching reruns of the Munsters. While I wouldn't "collect" this type of art, it's important to note that the Universal Monsters are hugely collectible....Look through Heritage archives sometime and look at what those movie posters command price-wise. Huge bucks !!!....and while some are so rare that one copy exist, there are a few that there are a handful of copies.....

I don't think the price was all that unusual. It's original art from 1965 based on a popular tv series, with collector cross over appeal.

When a Jim Lee Batman cover or an Alex Ross piece goes for 25K, (and there is tons of that stuff out there), then I think this was actually a fair value.

I don't think the price was all that unusual. It's original art from 1965 based on a popular tv series, with collector cross over appeal

While I understand your argument...I STILL think the price is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry unusual.

I don't think the price was all that unusual. It's original art from 1965 based on a popular tv series, with collector cross over appeal

While I understand your argument...I STILL think the price is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry unusual.

Not sure what you are trying to say. The seller seems to be just selling these for whatever they can get for them. This isn't a comic art dealer. If anything these auctions are poorly listed and a few of these should be listed in the comic art section and they are not. I really don't think the seller is inflating prices. This is the same seller who sold the set of 1966 Batman card artworks for what some here thought was a low price.

Anyway they have another Munsters piece for sale right now and from the looks of things now it looks like it will follow the same path for a huge ending price.

I just think Munsters collectors are nuts for this stuff. I think that is all it is.

The TUBBY art might appeal to Dan Forman?

If you see any OUTER LIMITS art surfacing, give me a shout!

I was interested as it's cool but not enough to buy it. I am getting to the point again where I have just too much stuff. It is everywhere and hard to display and enjoy when it becomes overwhelming in quantity. I can't do better than a 50's Stanley/Tripp page or the cover I have from issue 96, so I'm most likely done.