• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1980s comics worth 1k?

366 posts in this topic

Iron Man 128 yes, Star Wars 107 yes, Spidy Platinum 1 1990 9.8 yes, Sandman 8 error yes, a Transformers 80 9.8 would have a good chance, so would Joe 21 9.8 if either hit the market this year.

Not sure if a regular 9.8 copy of GI Joe 21 will break 1K, but I'm sure a 9.8 Canadian Edition would.

really, the Cdn would go for more?

Iron Man 128 yes, Star Wars 107 yes, Spidy Platinum 1 1990 9.8 yes, Sandman 8 error yes, a Transformers 80 9.8 would have a good chance, so would Joe 21 9.8 if either hit the market this year.

Not sure if a regular 9.8 copy of GI Joe 21 will break 1K, but I'm sure a 9.8 Canadian Edition would.

The regular one would easily clear 1k.

The regular one would easily clear 1k.

Didn't break 1K when the 1st one hit the market. I remember all the talk about how much a 9.8 would go for.....and then one comes up for sale with anti-climatic results.

I don't follow the current market, so I'll defer to those that do. (thumbs u

really, the Cdn would go for more?

I believe so. Book is MUCH tougher to find in HG than the direct version.

Wasn't there a guy on here a few years ago who was dead set on buying a GI Joe 21 and said it was the ONLY book to ever by in high grade of the Coppers...or something like that.

Most of the Canadian editions are not available in NM or better. I actively search Ebay for HG copies....and there are very few to be found. I've yet to find a GI JOE 21 or a SECRET WARS 8 in better than 8.5

I think the 1 that went up had a reserve and it wasn't met. I know it didn't change hands at that amount. It was also because 2 (still the only 2 I believe) came up a little bit apart and people might have been scared of a flood that never came. I am really sure it would do well over 1k at this time. I do agree on the cdn version though. That puppy is impossible to find in high grade. I don't think a lot of people are really even aware of it.

Quickly doing some research on GPA here's what I came up with:

TMNT #1 CGC 9.6 $9,668

Bloodshot #0 Platinum CGC 9.8 $5,500

Bone #1 CGC 9.8 $3,216

Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8 $2,550

Miracle Man #1 (singed but not sgnt series)CGC 9.6 $2,000

Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 Platnium $2,000

Vampirella #113 CGC 9.6 $1,912

Albedo #2 CGC 9.6 $1,900

Dime Press #4 CGC 9.6 $1,625

Superman #75 (poly-bagged platnium) CGC 9.8 $1,185 (1 year ago)

Amazing Spider-Man #300 CGC 9.9 $3,050

Iron Man #128 CGC 9.8 $1,100

Wolverine Limited Series #1 CGC 9.9 $1,550

Is there a 9.9 copy? Are you sure you're looking at the right info?

Ha-ha no! I recant! That information above has to do with G.I. Joe #1

Looks like our book, G.I. Joe #21 CGC 9.8 was last sold in November 2006 for $860. doh!:whistle:

So a suppose a G.I. Joe #21 CGC 9.8 may have a chance at the $1,000 mark but so far remains $140 short.

Most of the Canadian editions are not available in NM or better. I actively search Ebay for HG copies....and there are very few to be found. I've yet to find a GI JOE 21 or a SECRET WARS 8 in better than 8.5

I think the 1 that went up had a reserve and it wasn't met. I know it didn't change hands at that amount. It was also because 2 (still the only 2 I believe) came up a little bit apart and people might have been scared of a flood that never came. I am really sure it would do well over 1k at this time. I do agree on the cdn version though. That puppy is impossible to find in high grade. I don't think a lot of people are really even aware of it.

I don't doubt for a second that its harder to find than the US version, in grade or otherwise. But if nobody's aware of it, surely it doesn't command a premium? We have to separate rarity from value.

Quickly doing some research on GPA here's what I came up with:

TMNT #1 CGC 9.6 $9,668

Bloodshot #0 Platinum CGC 9.8 $5,500

Bone #1 CGC 9.8 $3,216

Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8 $2,550

Miracle Man #1 (singed but not sgnt series)CGC 9.6 $2,000

Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 Platnium $2,000

Vampirella #113 CGC 9.6 $1,912

Albedo #2 CGC 9.6 $1,900

Dime Press #4 CGC 9.6 $1,625

Superman #75 (poly-bagged platnium) CGC 9.8 $1,185 (1 year ago)

Amazing Spider-Man #300 CGC 9.9 $3,050

Iron Man #128 CGC 9.8 $1,100

Wolverine Limited Series #1 CGC 9.9 $1,550

cool thanks

I don't doubt for a second that its harder to find than the US version, in grade or otherwise. But if nobody's aware of it, surely it doesn't command a premium? We have to separate rarity from value.

A HG copy has yet to hit the market. If a slabbed 9.6 came up for sale.....I know I'd pay more than the going rate for a direct copy. I also know that I'd have to outbid a few members here to obtain it.

Highest slabbed copy I've seen is an 8.0