• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1980s comics worth 1k?

366 posts in this topic

Still seems insane to say that on #1. I am pretty sure a 9.9 would not even be 1K.

watch and ask me again at this time next year,if it doesn`t hit $1000,it wil be close.you also got first appearance of Cobra.I am using Giant Size X-men 1 as the bench mark.I am pretty sure when its all said and done over the next 5 to 10 years, the first appearance of Snake Eyes and Cobra is more important then the first appearance of Storm,Nightcrawler,Colossus and Banshee.

Still seems insane to say that on #1. I am pretty sure a 9.9 would not even be 1K.

watch and ask me again at this time next year,if it doesn`t hit $1000,it wil be close.you also got first appearance of Cobra.I am using Giant Size X-men 1 as the bench mark.I am pretty sure when its all said and done over the next 5 to 10 years, the first appearance of Snake Eyes and Cobra is more important then the first appearance of Storm,Nightcrawler,Colossus and Banshee.

:o :o

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

put down the crack pipe and quit comparing Giant Size X-Men #1 to G.I. Joe #1 doh!

and BTW, Banshee first appeared in X-men #28 :whistle:

Snake-Eyes first appearance will never, NEVER reach the heigts of Wolverine's second full appearance

put down the crack pipe and quit comparing Giant Size X-Men #1 to G.I. Joe #1 doh!

Snake-Eyes first appearance will never, NEVER reach the heigts of Wolverine's second full appearance

not just Snake Eyes but G.I JOE first appearance as we know them,you are really underestimating how popular GIJOE is,I bet GIJOE outgrosses Wolverine in 2009.btw I am a Wolverine fan just letting people know how undervalued GI JOE comics are right now. YO JOE! :cool:

do you not get enough ridicule in your everyday persona? i'm beginning to think you're a shill. no one could purposely be this dense.

not just Snake Eyes but G.I JOE first appearance as we know them,you are really underestimating how popular GIJOE is,I bet GIJOE outgrosses Wolverine in 2009.btw I am a Wolverine fan just letting people know how undervalued GI JOE comics are right now. YO JOE! :cool:

hm Test question for MR. COMICBOOK........ Which book would you rather own, G.I. Joe #1 in 9.8 or #2 in 9.8? hm

do you not get enough ridicule in your everyday persona? i'm beginning to think you're a shill. no one could purposely be this dense.

I was giving my opinion and advice, if you don`t want it,I don`t give a spoon.

my point is GI JOE 1 and GI JOE 21 will be worth either or close to a $1000 at CGC 9.8 within the next 12 months. Why did I let the cat out of the bag for you? you can`t corner the market now.ps. put down Marvel`s Star Wars 1 at a thousand dollars for CGC 9.8 while we are at it during the next year and a half.

hm Test question for MR. COMICBOOK........ Which book would you rather own, G.I. Joe #1 in 9.8 or #2 in 9.8? hm

In the end GI JOE 1 at 9.8, yeah I know GI JOE 2 is suppose to have lower print runs but I use Marvels Conan 1 and Conan 3 as the benchmark for my thoughts on this. Conan 3 is suppose to have a lower print run then Conan 1 but look which one is more valuable. yeah its kinda hard to believe GI JOE 1 at a 9.8 will be worth a thousand dollars but thats the power of CGC.

In the end GI JOE 1 at 9.8, yeah I know GI JOE 2 is suppose to have lower print runs but I use Marvels Conan 1 and Conan 3 as the benchmark for my thoughts on this. Conan 3 is suppose to have a lower print run then Conan 1 but look which one is more valuable. yeah its kinda hard to believe GI JOE 1 at a 9.8 will be worth a thousand dollars but thats the power of CGC.

:applause: Yep, it is official, you are clueless about G.I. Joe and 9.8 CGC Joe books (thumbs u

I am one of the hugest GI JOE fans in the planet, but there is no way this book will even top $500$600(consistantly) in a 9.8. It isn't scarce, it is easier to find in high grade than you think, and the general public doesn't really collect comic books. I think your argument is just based on movie hype (that is already kicked in and the book has increased in price). It isn't going to triple because of a bad movie (which I will clearly see). I hope you purchase every 9.8 that comes to market and see how much loot you make. GI JOE 21 is a whole different story as it is super scarce in 9.8 and a super popular book outside of just the GI JOE universe. Just my 2 cents.