• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Economy is Bad but Vintage Comics are good;) Post your TOP 3 Purchases of 2008!

224 posts in this topic

GL 76 CGC 9.2....a very tuff book indeed!

Nice one!

Thanks very much, definitely my pride and joy of the collection, although the BB 54 was probably harder to find, still more interesting to look at than my 5 figure wedding venue receipt... :tonofbricks:

Great books guys! These are not quite on the level as some of the gems shown here, but they were still pretty huge pickups for me...

0938460001O.jpg

Turtlemania Silver Edition

SilverTurtlemaniaFrontandBacktogeth.jpg

And a little OA- Painted cover by Eastman of issue #11

1200609172.jpg

Just post the pictures that why I started this thread because I want to see anyones grails.....I can see pictures of my books on eBay every day of the week, but not yours.

POST THE SCANS............ :popcorn:

ok...

Superman160.jpg

marvel1twilight.jpg

tec27fg.jpg

(worship) Makes my purchases pail in comparison (worship)

Just post the pictures that why I started this thread because I want to see anyones grails.....I can see pictures of my books on eBay every day of the week, but not yours.

ok...

Superman160.jpg

marvel1twilight.jpg

tec27fg.jpg

Rick crack out that KC copy and enjoy it, I know I would. Seriously, do you think you could do it? :baiting:

I do need to clarify that after I finished paying off the Detective 27, I was offered a rediculous sum of money for it, and sold it (after physically only having it in my possession for 3 weeks)... but, it was still a top 3 purchase for me...

You should post pics of the stack of cash you got. Then let's see your wife. :banana:

are you crazy, you think I would tell her lol

ok...

marvel1twilight.jpg

Rick crack out that KC copy and enjoy it, I know I would. Seriously, do you think you could do it? :baiting:

to be honest, given that it has the slight resto, yes I "could"...but, I had that nice Oct copy raw, so I have enjoyed a Marvel 1 :cloud9:

AWESOME books posted so far! WOW!

I can't compete with most of what has been posted so far, but here are my top three of the year.

amazing-fantasy-15-f.jpg

marvel-mystery-comics-4-f.jpg

weird-suspenstories-3-f.jpg

I like them...that is why I didn't want to post pictures...this is not a BSD contest... but, an enjoy books thread!

Thanks, these are terrific as well! That This mag, what an elusive little guy, I am so glad you finally got one, I thought it would definitely be in the last 3 needed from your set.

It's getting to the point where I almost know which books are going to the last 3 ... I'll bet Master 126 and Redskin 8 are going to be part of that group. Don't know yet who's going to round out the last 3 ...

It is now my belief that the relative scarcity of This Mag is Haunted is shared by other Fawcetts issued at the same time, such as Master 126 and Bill Boyd Western 21 (both books I still need) and probably another / some other one(s) I bought without realizing how scarce it was / they were.

Of course, I keep on finding some Romance I didn't know I needed like this one. :tonofbricks:

you may be onto something there. Maybe something with the DC lawsuit interrupted their distribution that month... (shrug)

ASM097PC.jpg

I owned that #97 Pacific Coast back in 2001. Wow, that was a long time ago. :o

Wonder how many times it has traded hands since I had it? hm