• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spiderman 97 High Grade!!

25 posts in this topic

Recent pick up at the show here in Toronto on Sunday.... we compared it to a slabbed 9.4 side by side and this one actually looked nicer at the time..but now I'm thinking that TLC looks worse than I thought...I was hoping maybe 9.0 or 9.2..not sure now...couldn't beat the price difference though..

ASM97.jpgASM97bck.jpg

NIce book, 9.0/9.2 based on front cover, but CGC may deduct for what looks like slight discoloration on top of back cover. I've had Silver Age books that had killer front covers get slammed by CGC for soiling on back.

Looks like there's a ding at the top edge that goes through the whole book? Right above 'N' in Spiderman? That a printer's defect? I'd say the lack of spine wear -- even if that ding isn't a printer's error -- I'd agree with everyone here that it's certainly a 9.0 and probably 9.2 in hand.

9.0, although I slabbed a copy of this book that looks as nice as yours and received an 8.0...I didn't call CGC to get the graders' notes, but I suspect cream to off-white pages and some tanning had something to do with the unexpectedly low grade... :(