• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What have I done? UPDATED with Scans

48 posts in this topic

I think you did just fine. It's not a CGC graded book so it won't go into GPA. Either way it looks like you are within the current market price.

There are some pretty good deals going around these days, I must say. I picked up a couple of spidey slabs at below GPA on a Buy It Now :o Not only that but looking through GPA, the seller lost money on each of them.

Looks like it's becoming a buyer's market.

hm I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for AF 15's meteoric rise in value? :eek:

While the one picture surely isn't enough to make an accurate assessment, I wouldn't see this grading lower than a 1.5 (unless there are some significant hidden/unseen defects) and if 1.5s are going for only $1500, that's a $1,000 drop in only a few weeks time!

:o

I don't know that this book is representative of the market. It may be an exception because I think that this seller is unaware of the current market for this book and used a BIN option to sell it. If you look at the seller's history, you'll see they haven't sold many comics. Now, if this book had gone for 1500 in an auction format then it may well be a valid indicator of the market.

The only problem is that this is a public transaction and GPA uses eBay as an indicator of sales. If this was a private transaction, I'd say no worries. And who knows? Maybe this will just be a blip on the radar. However, if others see this sale and become at all alarmed it could cause buyers to point to it as "last sale on eBay" to bargain prices lower or 2. sellers liquidating ASAP to try and capitalize on the inflated prices while they still can. I'm not saying this is guaranteed to happen but that I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see a few more deals like this popping up now.

In any event, it's really cool that you were able to get a copy that 1. you're happy with and 2. you can afford without killing yourself over! :applause:

hm I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for AF 15's meteoric rise in value? :eek:

While the one picture surely isn't enough to make an accurate assessment, I wouldn't see this grading lower than a 1.5 (unless there are some significant hidden/unseen defects) and if 1.5s are going for only $1500, that's a $1,000 drop in only a few weeks time!

:o

I don't know that this book is representative of the market. It may be an exception because I think that this seller is unaware of the current market for this book and used a BIN option to sell it. If you look at the seller's history, you'll see they haven't sold many comics. Now, if this book had gone for 1500 in an auction format then it may well be a valid indicator of the market.

The only problem is that this is a public transaction and GPA uses eBay as an indicator of sales. If this was a private transaction, I'd say no worries. And who knows? Maybe this will just be a blip on the radar. However, if others see this sale and become at all alarmed it could cause buyers to point to it as "last sale on eBay" to bargain prices lower or 2. sellers liquidating ASAP to try and capitalize on the inflated prices while they still can. I'm not saying this is guaranteed to happen but that I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see a few more deals like this popping up now.

In any event, it's really cool that you were able to get a copy that 1. you're happy with and 2. you can afford without killing yourself over! :applause:

GPA doesn't track raw books.... :gossip:

you did fine if you are looking for a copy in that grade range!

Well I had a range allright, only it was price instead of grade! I really didn't expect to find one that I believe I'll be as happy with as this one for the price though.

I live 5 minutes away from Longwood. I can check it out for you if you like (looks like it is too late though).

Yep, I got an email with the tracking number right after I left work, so the deed is done. Thanks for the offer, though!

I I used to run in the same circles as his daughter for a while when I was about 19.

Was she cute?? :wishluck:

Yeah. Taller than me though. I think he even used her as a Model for some live action photos that they did for his redeux of Nyoka the Jungle Girl.

I I used to run in the same circles as his daughter for a while when I was about 19.

Was she cute?? :wishluck:

Yeah. Taller than me though. I think he even used her as a Model for some live action photos that they did for his redeux of Nyoka the Jungle Girl.

:takeit:

Ok, I got the book just a few hours ago. The only thing that's bothering me is that there is more tape on the book then the seller described in the listing. In fact there is scotch tape running donw the interior of the spine. Is this considered restoration (spine reinforcement)? Anyway, here's the scans.

632.jpg

633.jpg