• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - Phoenix Comicon: January 23-25, 2009

214 posts in this topic

Please note that Desert Wind Comics will be at the Phoenix Comic Con. We will be accepting submissions for Todd McFarlane. We first want to verify what the limitations to the signing will be. We hope to have the specifics available within the next week or so. At that time we will announce the details. Pricing will not be discussed here, so you will need to wait for our data sheet to be available. If you are interested, please e-mail us at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com so that we can add you to our mailing list for the details.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Any updates? Sent an email and awaiting response.

Any witnesses have any spare openings for McFarlane? I have 8 books that I'd like to get signed (don't mind paying the extra $$$$$$ for this signing... :baiting:)

Brian

I sent hime an email a while ago and no responce as well.. not the first time

Ditto! :makepoint:

Please note that Desert Wind Comics will be at the Phoenix Comic Con. We will be accepting submissions for Todd McFarlane. We first want to verify what the limitations to the signing will be. We hope to have the specifics available within the next week or so. At that time we will announce the details. Pricing will not be discussed here, so you will need to wait for our data sheet to be available. If you are interested, please e-mail us at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com so that we can add you to our mailing list for the details.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Any updates? Sent an email and awaiting response.

Any witnesses have any spare openings for McFarlane? I have 8 books that I'd like to get signed (don't mind paying the extra $$$$$$ for this signing... :baiting:)

Brian

I sent hime an email a while ago and no responce as well.. not the first time

Ditto! :makepoint:

Double Ditto! :makepoint::makepoint:

Well I just listed a very nice HIGH GRADE ~ Batman #423 CGC 9.8 ~ in the sellers forum and this would be a great book to have Mr.McFarlane have signed.

Just letting you people know :baiting:

Sweet Cover + CGC 9.8 + McFarlane sig = priceless....

Well I just listed a very nice HIGH GRADE ~ Batman #423 CGC 9.8 ~ in the sellers forum and this would be a great book to have Mr.McFarlane have signed.

Just letting you people know :baiting:

Sweet Cover + CGC 9.8 + McFarlane sig = priceless....

P.M sent Brian :baiting:

Ok guys.. As of December 27th, I have not heard back from Todd's office regarding what the signing rules are. What I don't want to do is take in a bunch of books that I will not be able to get signed for sure. I know Kris the Collector has accepted books on the hopes of getting everything signed. I am going to make a two week cut off as a deadline. If I do not hear anything after that point I will make a decision as to how many books I will be taking in. Sorry I have not had any news to tell you up to this point other then this news. I can tell you that the deadline for receiving ANY books for the Phoenix Comic-Con will be Tuesday, January 20th. We will be sending out pricing on our services the week of December 29th. If you are not on our mailing list or are not sure then send an e-mail to desertwindcomics@hotmail.com to get on it.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Ok guys.. As of December 27th, I have not heard back from Todd's office regarding what the signing rules are. What I don't want to do is take in a bunch of books that I will not be able to get signed for sure. I know Kris the Collector has accepted books on the hopes of getting everything signed. I am going to make a two week cut off as a deadline. If I do not hear anything after that point I will make a decision as to how many books I will be taking in. Sorry I have not had any news to tell you up to this point other then this news. I can tell you that the deadline for receiving ANY books for the Phoenix Comic-Con will be Tuesday, January 20th. We will be sending out pricing on our services the week of December 29th. If you are not on our mailing list or are not sure then send an e-mail to desertwindcomics@hotmail.com to get on it.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

if you need a 'line gopher', i can be your man....if i understand correctly, Atomic comics will have it's "VIP Line", like they had for the image signing you were at in May. Much shorter line and I can go through as many times as needed..

in return, i would only ask a small favor :whistle:

That Todd McFarlane line is one I'm going to be in for sure. I'm not sure if there will be an Atomic Vip line at the Phoenix comic con.That is something I would like to check into also. I do know at the Mark Millar signing they did fix the Vip line so in the begining it was a big advantage but as the signing went on it did not make a difference which line you were in. I was able to go through the Millar line 3 times.

Well I will let Sharon the "Gopher list" has been started. lol Thanks fo the VIP info. I will be making phone calls tomorrow.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

I hope you'll have room for about 8 spots for the McFarlane signings :wishluck:

Brian

Well I will let Sharon the "Gopher list" has been started. lol Thanks fo the VIP info. I will be making phone calls tomorrow.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

I hope you'll have room for about 8 spots for the McFarlane signings :wishluck:

Brian

I need some spots...

Last Time Chandler had a Mcfarlane signing he missed putting me on the list and promised me a spont on his next event

spont? (shrug)

That Todd McFarlane line is one I'm going to be in for sure. I'm not sure if there will be an Atomic Vip line at the Phoenix comic con.That is something I would like to check into also. I do know at the Mark Millar signing they did fix the Vip line so in the begining it was a big advantage but as the signing went on it did not make a difference which line you were in. I was able to go through the Millar line 3 times.

the assistant manager at the chandler location told me that they would 'most likely' have a VIP line for all of the signings at the phoenix con...they always have the box-holder line at all of their signature events, so i don't know why this event would be any different :shrug: