• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - Phoenix Comicon: January 23-25, 2009

214 posts in this topic

MCFARLANE SIGNING DETAILS

I just got off the phone with the director of the Phoenix Comic-Con. He told me that the Todd McFarlane signing will be a ticketed event and will be limited to only two (2) items per person. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Chandler, this question results from a combination of my being both tired and dim-witted: Does this being a ticketed event simply mean each person gets in line to get a ticket (i.e. limited number of signatures) and can only have two item signed, or does it mean you have to buy a ticket to get your two items signed?

Again, I'm tired and dim-witted :)

Mac same thing happened at WIZARD CHICAGO last year I stood in line for some time **my wife caught Mcfarlane signing for VIP's and had my program & other books signed** but when I made it up to the booth they said ONLY 1 ITEM to be signed. Man I was floored because I had a LE lithograph & a book to be signed.

I just got off the phone with the director of the Phoenix Comic-Con. He told me that the Todd McFarlane signing will be a ticketed event and will be limited to only two (2) items per person. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Chandler, this question results from a combination of my being both tired and dim-witted: Does this being a ticketed event simply mean each person gets in line to get a ticket (i.e. limited number of signatures) and can only have two item signed, or does it mean you have to buy a ticket to get your two items signed?

Mac same thing happened at WIZARD CHICAGO last year I stood in line for some time **my wife caught Mcfarlane signing for VIP's and had my program & other books signed** but when I made it up to the booth they said ONLY 1 ITEM to be signed. Man I was floored because I had a LE lithograph & a book to be signed.

Wow...doesn't look good for this con.... :frustrated:

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

My understanding is that the organizers will be handing out a limited number of tickets at the show (you still have to buy a ticket to get in the show) and the holder of the ticket can get a limit of 2 items signed. I hope that answers your question. At least that is the way I understand it from the promoter of the show.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Ok anyone wanting to submit, Desert Wind Comics is still accepting submissions.for Phoenix. We continue to work on the Todd signing and hope to announce more info in the next day or so. Please send requests about submissions for the Phoenix Comic Con to desertwindcomics@hotmail.com. We will send you pricing and details that are ready now. Sorry for the lateness, but with the holidays it threw us behind.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Frank is the man!!!!

JJ, if you need a couch to crash on in a tiny apartment...mine will be all open (:

only 10 mins from con :D

I can offer him a queen sized air mattress at my roomier place. :P

ok, u win :)

soooo, what day do you guys wanna meet up for some beers? :shrug:

I'll be able to know more about when as we get closer to the con. Sunday night sounds a little too late in the weekend as everybody will probably be wiped by then.

My understanding is that the organizers will be handing out a limited number of tickets at the show (you still have to buy a ticket to get in the show) and the holder of the ticket can get a limit of 2 items signed. I hope that answers your question. At least that is the way I understand it from the promoter of the show.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Ok, maybe I will do this after all. Any ideas on the details (when & where) on getting ahold of the tickets and what time the signing will occur? I may or may not be willing to get one item signed for one of your customers and maybe one book for myself. No promises yet.

Desert Wind Comics is still accepting submissions for the Phoenix show. Just go to www.desertwindcomics.com for submission details.

Please note that considering how they are running the Todd McFarlane signing, I am not confortable accepting submissions for McFarlane. I will say this, if you have UNSLABBED books for McFarlane to sign, then I would be happy to take them with me and TRY to get them signed. But if I can not then I would just ship them back to you at your cost. I will NOT take any graded and slabbed books, because I would have to break them out of the slabs the day before the signing and if I can't get them signed then you now have graded books that would need to be regraded. I hope you can understand my problem here. If you were to choose to send me raw books to be signed by Todd McFarlane, please e-mail me at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com for prcing as the price for Todd is not our regular submission price. If you have any other questions, please e-mail us.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Desert Wind Comics will be arriving in Phoenix late Friday evening. We will be accepting any submissions on Saturday and Sunday from people who will have for either the NY Comic-Con (save you shipping to us) and submissions for Stan Lee, John Romita Sr, Gene Colan and we are proud to announce Joe Simon (Formal annopuncement will be going out tomorrow for Joe).You will find us hanging around the CGC booth. So come by and say hi. We look forward to see everyone.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

I am gathering my stuff and driving out tomorrow to Phoenix for the weekend. I will be at the HERO Initiative booth on Friday and early Saturday and probably near the CGC booth or in line for signatures/sketches the rest of the time. :) See you all then!

Joel

Got my ticket for Mcfarlane. :D

how??

i thought they weren't handing them out until tomorrow??

They did 75 last night and then they're doing the next round tomorrow morning. Still can't believe Todd is offering SO few openings. :sorry: I'm only hoping my connection will be able to hook me up! :wishluck:

Got my ticket for Mcfarlane. :D

how??

i thought they weren't handing them out until tomorrow??

They did 75 last night and then they're doing the next round tomorrow morning. Still can't believe Todd is offering SO few openings. :sorry: I'm only hoping my connection will be able to hook me up! :wishluck:

Same here,good luck to all :wishluck: