• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tec #31 CGC 0.5 fetches $3400 Wow!

90 posts in this topic

Amazing (but true!) story from ComicsPriceGuide.com:

______

NOV 13 2008

Detective Comics #31 CGC .5 Brings $3,400

A CGC certified .5 of Detective Comics #31 with cream to off-white brought $3,400 when the buyer used the eBay Buy It Now option. The copy was noted as being incomplete and missing the back cover. The copy had a very minor amount of glue on the front cover, and also eight pieces of tape on the cover.

3083251232_ffd94ae842_o.jpg

______

Slabbed book actually looks pretty cool... so, what do you guys think? hm

GE

(not the buyer :gossip:)

IMHO, I would crack it out, and get that tape off the book. I would want the book to last as long as possible, especially if a keeper, so the EIGHT pieces of tape gotta go.

Great book to own, but I would have trouble spending that type of money on an incomplete book

Given the prices for Marvel Mystery 9 is this that surprising?

This is a great copy for the bargain-minded Tec 31 fanatic because it's the absolute cheapest way to get a copy with a reasonable appearing cover.

Given the prices for Marvel Mystery 9 is this that surprising?

This is a great copy for the bargain-minded Tec 31 fanatic because it's the absolute cheapest way to get a copy with a reasonable appearing cover.

^^

makes a 5.0 about a $20K+ book :banana:

Uber-low grade copies of important/key books tend to follow their own rules for pricing. They usually sell for a premium that doesn't necessarily mean that higher grades following a standard pricing ratio.

makes a 5.0 about a $20K+ book :banana:

Uber-low grade copies of important/key books tend to follow their own rules for pricing. They usually sell for a premium that doesn't necessarily mean that higher grades following a standard pricing ratio.

don't go bursting my bubble mr :baiting:

Could I buy three 0.5s and add them to a 7.0 to have a top of census book? hm

Richard I thought you were toying with the idea of selling it? Must have had a few inquiries on that gem? :popcorn:

Nope. Decided to keep it. It is too darn pretty. How could I ever replace it?

Richard I thought you were toying with the idea of selling it? Must have had a few inquiries on that gem? :popcorn:

True enough. (thumbs u

Did you post a CGC scan of your Tec 31 yet Mr. B? Please do :)

Amazing (but true!) story from ComicsPriceGuide.com:

______

NOV 13 2008

Detective Comics #31 CGC .5 Brings $3,400

A CGC certified .5 of Detective Comics #31 with cream to off-white brought $3,400 when the buyer used the eBay Buy It Now option. The copy was noted as being incomplete and missing the back cover. The copy had a very minor amount of glue on the front cover, and also eight pieces of tape on the cover.

3083251232_ffd94ae842_o.jpg

______

Slabbed book actually looks pretty cool... so, what do you guys think? hm

GE

(not the buyer :gossip:)

I know the buyer. This book continues to allude me :P Still looking for a 2.0-3.0 Blue label copy...

I could have sworn this was the restored copy on ebay a while back. The same book labeled .5 purple, then it was re-submitted. Maybe get a More Fun 47 (I believe-on ebay now) for the back cover and have them married? To have a complete book.