• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 Grading Contest: Round 5 Results

37 posts in this topic

If you guys honestly believe that if I submit your books you will receive a higher graded, by all means, send them too me. I charge $3 a book and no guarantee :acclaim:

Dude, how does that book get a 9.6 with a color breaking ding at the top of the book?

Is it the scanner that makes it look that way?

I forgot to vote last night (cause I was busy with a street fight) but I was going to say 9.4 with a Nik bump. Wow.

R.

If you guys honestly believe that if I submit your books you will receive a higher graded, by all means, send them too me. I charge $3 a book and no guarantee :acclaim:

I don't think there is such a thing as a Nik bump. But I do think:

1) Scans, and especially large scans, overemphasize defects.

2) Nik deliberately picks the challenging ones.

3) Most of us on these boards are insecure about our grading, and we compensate by being overly conservative.

Dude, how does that book get a 9.6 with a color breaking ding at the top of the book?

I forgot to vote last night (cause I was busy with a street fight) but I was going to say 9.4 with a Nik bump. Wow.

R.

I love how you off-handedly remark that you missed sending in your guess because you were busy with a street fight... lol

Hope no one was hurt, Ponyboy!

R.

I love how you off-handedly remark that you missed sending in your guess because you were busy with a street fight... lol

Hope no one was hurt, Ponyboy!

Street Fightin Man! :headbang:

Fightingmanstones.jpg

I forgot to vote last night (cause I was busy with a street fight)

kipnapoleon.jpg

LMAO

Two bread stick armed nerds going at it... :roflmao: