• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quality Comics auction.

39 posts in this topic

Back in their October auction, I bid on a Green Lantern #55 CGC 9.2. I was outbid on the book by bidder "bill1247", who bids $75. Sale is then reported to GPA. Now in the auction that ended tonight, the same book shows up again, so I bid $76 and win. Guess who the underbidder is at $75...

Hard to know what went on here, but I would think long and hard before saying anything bad about Brent at Quality Comix. He has a sterling reputation. It will be interesting to find out what happened. I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

Mike

Guess who the underbidder is at $75...

hm Jerry Bruckheimer?

Don Deluise?

hm Jerry Bruckheimer?

Don Deluise?

Or his brother Dom?

hm Jerry Bruckheimer?

Don Deluise?

Or his brother Dom?

Could be... hm

The suspense is killing me!

Hard to know what went on here, but I would think long and hard before saying anything bad about Brent at Quality Comix. He has a sterling reputation. It will be interesting to find out what happened. I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

Mike

I agree!

Mike

from what i understand alot of brents books are on consignment. If the owner was shilling their own book it would be hard/impossible for brent to do anything about it. (shrug) beforehand anyway

I love it when a thread like this comes along.

It's always a :popcorn: moment

I hate it when stuff like this comes up. A lot of times it ends up with a lot of unfair accusations of dealers without the entire story.

True, but every once in a while a scum bag is outed when a thread like this is started; it's a necessary evil. I defended Ewert up and down before the whole story was known.

That being said, I'm sure this particular accusation is baseless. Brent is one of the good guys.

Far as I can tell, there are no accusations in the OP's post. Everything written in that post is a fact which I would guess to be easy to verify by looking at the auction results from October and the auction that just ended. We all are free to make our own conclusions. I don't see any need to jump on the OP for making accusations when all he posted was simple fact. Not to mention that Andrew is right, Ewert was defended by a lot of people on this board when initially outed.