• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EsquireComics Presents The Palisades GA/SA Original Owner Collection

566 posts in this topic

Since Paratrooper already securely possessed these cool covers below, they are available now for public consumption! :applause:

Our Army at War #19 (1954)

slight bc shadow, slight bc tears, slight spine wear, bottom staple starting to separate from cover, 1/2" fc tear (in DC seal), fc full crease (barely discernable), cr/ow pges, 4.0,

$65.00

ArmyatWar19.jpg

Our Army at War #24 (1954)

full length fc crease, fc wear, bc color loss, bc store/date stamp, paper stuck to book (probably from another book), possible lower left crnr water damage, staples starting to separate from cover, cr/ow, 2.5/3.0,

$23.00

ArmyatWar24.jpg

All books listed on or before December 8, 2008 have been moved to my ebay store (id: EsquireComics). If anyone is interested in knowing whether a book is still available, just check my ebay store inventory. If you discover it is and you would like it, just notify me and I will honor the listed board price above.

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

All American Men of War #6 1953

These early War books have really great cover art! And the stories are actually not bad at all. (thumbs u

Devil Dog; Ghost Squadron story.

This would have been a nice solid mid-grade copy, but unfortunately the lower staple is detached from the cover (which has deep colors). The scan pretty much says it all. Cr/Ow (very typical for these DC War books), 3.0/3.5

Ok, having researched prices on these books, you can pay 1 1/2 to 2x (good ole Mile High comics) guide or you can buy it from me at $52.00.

MenOfWar6.jpg

All American Men of War #7 (1953)

Another great cover! Lower staple starting to separate, slight spine wear, scan reveals fc creases, fc rt side shadow, bc lower shadow, bc 1/4" x 1/2" piece missing left side, slight interior cvr shadowing, cr/ow pgs (though mostly cr), 4.0

This book, as many of them do (even uncertified), often sell over guide. I'll offer it at guide, $64.00

MenOfWar7.jpg

All American Men of War #10 (1954)

Yet another great cover, and the colors are stunning!!! Until last year, Heritage had never seen a copy! Jerry Grandenetti drew the cover -- the Alpine tramway was a beloved war-cover motif, but this time the Germans are the ones in the tram!

Unfortunately there seems to be some moisture damage that can be felt, no real ripples visible, 1/2" spine missing under lower staple, interior cover shadows, bc upper shadow, 3.0/3.5 (but presents MUCH better)

$52.00

MenOfWar10.jpg