• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EsquireComics Presents The Palisades GA/SA Original Owner Collection

566 posts in this topic

All American Men of War #10 (1954)

Yet another great cover, and the colors are stunning!!! Until last year, Heritage had never seen a copy! Jerry Grandenetti drew the cover -- the Alpine tramway was a beloved war-cover motif, but this time the Germans are the ones in the tram!

Unfortunately there seems to be some moisture damage that can be felt, no real ripples visible, 1/2" spine missing under lower staple, interior cover shadows, bc upper shadow, 3.0/3.5 (but presents MUCH better)

$52.00

MenOfWar10.jpg

:takeit:

Throw this on the stack Mark

All American Men of War #10 (1954)

Yet another great cover, and the colors are stunning!!! Until last year, Heritage had never seen a copy! Jerry Grandenetti drew the cover -- the Alpine tramway was a beloved war-cover motif, but this time the Germans are the ones in the tram!

Unfortunately there seems to be some moisture damage that can be felt, no real ripples visible, 1/2" spine missing under lower staple, interior cover shadows, bc upper shadow, 3.0/3.5 (but presents MUCH better)

$52.00

MenOfWar10.jpg

Throw this on the stack Mark

My bad doh!

I should just contact you directly with all these! (thumbs u

the only war book i'm looking for is a low grade our fighting forces #1 in g/vg around $100.

i'm going broke between xmas and my buying from the boards.

J

I have a bunch of early issues in this collection but I'm not sure about #1. I'll check. (thumbs u

All American Men of War #6 1953

These early War books have really great cover art! And the stories are actually not bad at all. (thumbs u

Devil Dog; Ghost Squadron story.

This would have been a nice solid mid-grade copy, but unfortunately the lower staple is detached from the cover (which has deep colors). The scan pretty much says it all. Cr/Ow (very typical for these DC War books), 3.0/3.5

Ok, having researched prices on these books, you can pay 1 1/2 to 2x (good ole Mile High comics) guide or you can buy it from me at $52.00.

MenOfWar6.jpg

If this one is still available, :takeit:

the only war book i'm looking for is a low grade our fighting forces #1 in g/vg around $100.

i'm going broke between xmas and my buying from the boards.

J

I have a bunch of early issues in this collection but I'm not sure about #1. I'll check. (thumbs u

sweet, let me know.

Our Army at War #30 (1955)

very slight spine wear, bottom corner nub, 1/8" piece missing upper rt fc, 1/8" piece missing lower fc cvr, 2 bc pinholes, tiny tears, cr/ow pgs, missing pieces bring book from 6.5 to 4.5,

$55.00

ArmyatWar30.jpg

These early War books have really great cover art! And the stories are actually not bad at all. (thumbs u

This would have been a nice solid mid-grade copy, but unfortunately the lower staple is detached from the cover (which has deep colors). The scan pretty much says it all. Cr/Ow (very typical for these DC War books), 3.0/3.5

Ok, having researched prices on these books, you can pay 1 1/2 to 2x (good ole Mile High comics) guide or you can buy it from me at $52.00.

MenOfWar6.jpg

Great pickup Jeff!

Nice colours on that copy.

MenOfWar6.jpg

Consider it yours and temporarily on loan to me until I mail it!!!! :applause:

I would like to remind those who have purchased books from this thread, or are contemplating doing so, that I occasionally include books that are free with another purchase. To date, despite several nice purchases by forumites, no one has claimed those books.

Unfortunately I cannot extend the privilege to those whose books have already shipped, as the intent was to simply provide a nice bonus book with a purchase, but for those who have not had their books shipped yet or who purchase a book in the future, I strongly encourage you to take a look through the thread after posting a :takeit: and see if there are any "FREE" books listed that you would also like to claim.

This message is provided as a public service announcement intended to serve the greater good of comicdom. No known animals were hurt during its creation or broadcast.

(thumbs u

In honor of those Members of the Tribe who have preceded me in financially benefiting from and contributing to all the commercialized non-MOTT traditions, to include but not be limited to, the composers of these following top Christmas songs:

“White Christmas” (Irving Berlin, 1940)

“Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer” (Johhny Marks, 1949)

“Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!” (Jule Styne, 1945)

“Silver Bells” (Jay Livingston & Ray Evens, 1951)

“You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” (Albert Hague, 1966)

I now present to you some beautiful GA 1950s Giant Dell Christmas books for you to buy for your children. There is still time to have these shipped to arrive in for Christmas, or perhaps a thoughtful after-Christmas gift!!!!

These books are primarily STUNNING!!!!! Especially for squarebounds. Other than a culmination of minor defects here and there, they mostly present as 9.2/9.4s. And they can be yours!!!!!

First up:

Walt Disney's Christmas Parade #5 (1953)

1/8" to 1/4" small upper spine missing, slight fc nicks, pencil fc distribution mark, slight spine wear, 1/2" spine tear starting, 1/4" x 1/4" bc upper piece missing, cr/ow, 6.0

$42.00

DisneyChristmas5.jpg