• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superstarcomics7 could really be Robojo33??

65 posts in this topic

Might be a long shot here but a few things tip me off this could be Robojo aka Danny. I was looking at an auction from superstarcomics7 and asked the seller for larger resolution scans. First thing I notice is that the bidders are kept private like Danny's. Secondly, no item location is given in the auctions which is like Danny's. Auction titles are very similar as well.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/superstarcomics7_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Here's his response:

Dear ghengishahn,

I need to get to my vault which is in a very hard spot to get to. I will get a chance to open it within the next 24 hours and re scan it, since I have deleted the other scans. Ok? Please remind me if I don't send it to you within 24 hours.

Thanks,

Danny Quintana

Maybe he's telling the truth, but something just seems fishy here. Anyone bought from this seller before?

... and this seller uses the same background for each picture in the auction, like RoboJo does.
I assume because the seller is using the same scanner (shrug)

robo usually photo's at an angle,right?

The negative/neutral feedback seems to be right on. The one book of interest to me is over graded quite a bit.

... and this seller uses the same background for each picture in the auction, like RoboJo does.

While I admit anythings possible I would lean towards what Rick said, its just a seller with alot of nice books who scanned them all at the same time.

Now whether or not he is legit, or accepts refunds remains to be seen. But his feedback thusfar seems fine. Guess we should wait a few months to see if people start getting back purple labels.

I like to find out the scanner RoboJo33 uses,it makes his books look so much better!

I like to find out the scanner RoboJo33 uses,it makes his books look so much better!

It's called "Photoshop". :gossip:

It's not Robo. I bought two books from this seller and returned them as they were both about 2.0 grades too high. He is in New Mexico if I remember correctly.

Nice, honest guy but not a great grader. I pointed out the flaws on his book he called VF+ that I thought was a Fine+. I even posted it on Spare A GRADE and most of you agreed with me. He wrote and told me that he disagrees with my "partners" on this site.

Here's the email I got from him after I politely said I was going to pass on the book because I didnt feel it was graded a 9.4 - 9.6. I actually have a 9.4 CGC graded copy of the raw book hes selling and told him I could send him pictures if he wanted. Here's his response:

Yes, I challenge you to send me a pic of it. I doubt it. I have to see it to beleive it. By the way, I have seen some 9.4 CGC graded comic books on e bay recently and they don't come close to the grade. I saw an Iron Man 1 9.4 cgc graded copie on e bay just today that looks like it should have been a 8.5 Cgc is not as accurate as some people may think. I mean it looks like they smoked some crack before grading that one.

PS: it's all a bunch of BS

Here's the email I got from him after I politely said I was going to pass on the book because I didnt feel it was graded a 9.4 - 9.6. I actually have a 9.4 CGC graded copy of the raw book hes selling and told him I could send him pictures if he wanted. Here's his response:

Yes, I challenge you to send me a pic of it. I doubt it. I have to see it to beleive it. By the way, I have seen some 9.4 CGC graded comic books on e bay recently and they don't come close to the grade. I saw an Iron Man 1 9.4 cgc graded copie on e bay just today that looks like it should have been a 8.5 Cgc is not as accurate as some people may think. I mean it looks like they smoked some crack before grading that one.

WHAT BOOK DID YOU PASS ON????

I was thinking about bidding on a couple of his current auctions ... hoping for that rare ebay seller who grades accurately or even under grades. This thread and saved me from more of the same ebay junk from an insufficiently_thoughtful_person who grades by pulling numbers out of his azz! :sumo:

F.F. #75 which he is calling a 9.4/9.6. Here's his larger resolution (larger picture still poor resolution IMHO) picture he sent me. See file attachment.

Not sure whats going on with the spine and the bottom of the front cover but it appears to missing a bunch of color.

70299.jpg.93b581dca1e6001182a2ccd9aafbaa0c.jpg

F.F. #75 which he is calling a 9.4/9.6. Here's his larger resolution (larger picture still poor resolution IMHO) picture he sent me. See file attachment.

Not sure whats going on with the spine and the bottom of the front cover but it appears to missing a bunch of color.

NM/NM+??????

:roflmao: