• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay sellers response of the day...CGC horror stories

13 posts in this topic

I came across an auction a while back for an ASM 1 and it had a really crappy pic so I requested some more info and better scans and this is the response I got:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in one of my comics. I apologize for the delay in responding, but i had to find time to get to the bank and my safety deposit box. All my pre-#50 books are in there so rest assured they have been well cared for. Frankly, i have been scared to even touch them since the prices began shooting up so fast.

I have had alot of questions, and i thought i would give you the answers that i have given them. Fair is Fair.

I have had my collection for over 20 years and have started selling them to help with my son's tuition costs. I have never had any of my comics graded by CGC simply because i have heard horror stories about them not returning the same book sent and such. To my understanding, these have never been restored. Other than erasing the pencil mark i dont see what else they could do anyways. I dont think you can move staples or center pictures.

Here are my scans. They are the same i have sent to everyone else. As you can see there is a bit of rounding on the lower right corner of the front and the back has a bit of dirtiness to the white. The staples are not torn but are simply a bit off the spine. When the comic is packed, i will be taping the proceedure to satisfy the insurance requirements for the Post Office. I hope this helps. Happy bidding

did you buy anything from this guy?

do you have a link to the item?

I didn't buy anything from him. It just didn't look right. I get 2 scans and one is completely distorted. It was obviously not the same book.

Here is what I got for scans... :screwy:

ASM1.jpg

asm1b.jpg

"When the comic is packed, i will be taping the proceedure to satisfy the insurance requirements for the Post Office. "

What does this mean? I'll be thinking about this all night now. hm

Taking a video of the comic being sealed into the package??? Not sure about the insurance requirements half but you'd think the ebayer is selling the video would satisfy the USPS in some way if there was an insurance claim. :shrug:

Other than erasing the pencil mark

Is that considered restoration? hm