• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is going to Wondercon 2009?

97 posts in this topic

It looks as if I will not be going to Wondercon this year. I still have not found a job but you never know. Things may change soon. If they do change then I may come out with my better half for a day or two.

:sorry:

Do we want to meet somewhere at some time for lunch?

I'm definitely going to Bourbon and Branch Saturday night. Forbidden Island in Alameda is also a good possibility, but if anyone wants to go, they'll need a car. No public transportation to there.

Thirsty Bear is IMHO the worst of the spots where we've had forum WonderCon dinners. The food was sub-par (and there wasn't enough of it, lol) and the drinks just so-so. I once attended a company lunch there, and they served me three drinks in a row each with a gnat in it. Then they tried to charge me extra! (Okay, I made that last part up, but the gnats were not imaginary). The very first forum dinner, at that swanky steakhouse that Scott (FFB) picked out, over on Montgomery, was the best.

For excellent Chinese food three blocks from Moscone, try Henry's Hunan... there are several locations in SF (and all are great), but the one on Natoma between New Montgomery and 2nd (or is it between 2nd and 3rd?) is easy walking distance and pretty big so despite its popularity you can usually get a table pretty quickly.

I'll be at the 'Con again this year - it will mark the 35th anniversary since my first Bay Are 'con...I'll be lunching with the publisher of Image Comics on Sat. but will hope to bump into most of you around Marc's House of Comics booth :)

Any word from Jbud on whether he's going?

For lunch, I propose we meet at the House of Comics booth at 11:30 then walk somewhere close to to the convention center. Sound good? Marc knows who many of us are and can keep us separate from the regular comic rabble.