• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Was The Most Expensive Comic You've Ever Touched?

95 posts in this topic

Well, I can't compete with you guys on comics so.... I'll change the subject. ;)

I got to touch a Ferrari 340 Mexico a few years ago. :luhv: Worth over a million dollars.

The equivalent car thing, would be if you got to drive it... but alas :sorry:

Action Comics 1. This was at Big Apple CC a few yrs ago. Dont remember who's booth it was, but it was on his wall when I commented on it saying "I never thought I would actually see a copy in real life"

he replies, "yeah? well check this out"

Takes it off the wall and lets me hold it for like a minute. So frickin cool! Really wish I could remember who it was tho.

Thanks to CentaurMan and other boardies at the Chicago dinners, I've touched Action 1, a very high grade AA 61, Captain America 1, ...

I held Wyn's Action 2 Mile High at Chicago a few years ago :cloud9:

Win's action comics #2 is not the mile high copy!

is it? was it?

is there even a MH action #2???

B.

Hell, it might have been a MH, it might not have. I might have looked at another MH of Win's there.

:shrug:

Aside from an Action 1 I owned in the 80's, the most expensive book I ever tyouched was again in the 80's. A Hulk 1 - at least VF condition. Along with a run of FF from 5-15 or so that were very high grade and dripping shiny inks but had the unboarded spine curl that turned me off (many higher ffs as well mainly sa). Plus a ton of Archies and some DCs. About 3-4 long boxes in all. Guy wanted 3500 but back then it was a bit too much. That Hulk 1 alone would have ... man it was SO CGCable.

Thanks to CentaurMan and other boardies at the Chicago dinners, I've touched Action 1, a very high grade AA 61, Captain America 1, ...

I held Wyn's Action 2 Mile High at Chicago a few years ago :cloud9:

Win's action comics #2 is not the mile high copy!

is it? was it?

is there even a MH action #2???

B.

Hell, it might have been a MH, it might not have. I might have looked at another MH of Win's there.

:shrug:

i believe win's action #2 is a mid grade restored non pedigree comic.

a very beautiful and expensive book non-the less...

can someone tell me if there even exists a mile high action #2?

B.

When he stilled owned it (and I worked for him) , Rozanski took me to his bank (where it was stored) and showed me the Church Marvel #1 even opening the book to show me how poorly centered the art was on each page, he said common for early Timely.

but I don't remember if I actually touched it...

From 2000-2005, I constantly traveled to shows (still do occasionally) with Jamie Graham, I did touch a lot of expensive books over that time, including Detective #27, Action #1, Captain America #1

:)

When Jim Carey was pulling $18 million per movie back in the day, I picked an olive off of his hummus plate while he was eating at A-16 in the Marina in SF. He slapped my hand in a funny sort of way. So $18 million dollars is my answer

lol

for me it was ciorac's Detective #1. What a cool book! :cloud9: