• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

34, 34, 34...If I were a superhero, I'd want my own island too.

gardnersLeague34.jpg

Happy Hunting

L

God, that series was great back in those days. :cloud9:

We seem to have really overlapping tastes Jeffro - good to know you! I always enjoyed this series because they were still heroes, but they were human too - bad jokes, bad decisions, Guy Gardner.

L

Anybody read the 50's revival books? I've always wondered if they were any good, and if there was any hint of the Stan Lee style in them, i.e. increased characterization.

They are not Silver Age in style but a product of the 50s and are usually 6 - 8 pages long. I like them, especially the tales of the young Subby and the Everett art is spectacular but I don't think many are written by Stan Lee and none are in his later style.

I like the Captain America stories. There have been three Atlas Era Masterworks if you want to read them.

51WMpB6JrGL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Well...just haven't had the time the past several days to devote to this thread. But wanted to show one of my nicer early Actions. Comicdonna showed the 33 yesterday..I almost posted mine but ran outta time. The early Actions were usually more exciting than the Superman title covers.

Glad I didn't have to dig out My B&B and Showcase 34's. JohnT has a couple nice copies. (thumbs u Wish I had the time to show more of my stuff. :sorry:

Action34.jpg

Reaqlly cool book! :applause: I gotta get me one of them. :cloud9:

Well...just haven't had the time the past several days to devote to this thread. But wanted to show one of my nicer early Actions. Comicdonna showed the 33 yesterday..I almost posted mine but ran outta time. The early Actions were usually more exciting than the Superman title covers.

Glad I didn't have to dig out My B&B and Showcase 34's. JohnT has a couple nice copies. (thumbs u Wish I had the time to show more of my stuff. :sorry:

Action34.jpg

Reaqlly cool book! :applause: I gotta get me one of them. :cloud9:

Glad I could show one you didn't have. My #33 is just as nice except it has a tape pull on the front cover over Action Comics logo. The piece of tape with the transfer is still with the book. :pullhair: I gotta get me some more Actions.

BB34-2.jpg

Wow!

Not in the same league, but it's brand new and mine, all mine.

BB34.jpg

Jack

How about a third copy to complete the trifecta? :insane:

3250039481_d901800f37_o.jpg

BTW, what grade is your B&B 34 and Showcase 34, JohnT?

Awesome copy of BB 34! I just can't get enough of that classic cover.

Mine is a 4.0...it has a small tear in the "H" in Hawkman. The Showcase 34 is a 6.0. I bought both of them thinking they had good eye appeal for the grade.