• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

73831.jpg

Did we just see that cover on a #40 -- or was it the Archie thread?

:gossip: Day # 39 -

73751.jpg

I noted that same comment in the Month Thread. These were side-by-side on the newsstands lol

They probably looked like works of stunning originality if they were at both ends of a row of a dozen "See anything you like, Bunky?" "AND HOW!" covers.

Jack

By popular request.

(Second part of the Mera quest.)

Aquaman41.jpg

lol I think Jack and I have a different PoV on what is considered a beater.

"Beater" -- HAWWW!

Is that a euphemism for crown jewel?

(I have a copy of Aquaman 41 in good -- somewhere.)

Jack

By popular request.

(Second part of the Mera quest.)

Aquaman41.jpg

lol I think Jack and I have a different PoV on what is considered a beater.

"Beater" -- HAWWW!

Is that a euphemism for crown jewel?

(I have a copy of Aquaman 41 in good -- somewhere.)

Jack

lol It's not nearly as bad as I remembered it. One of my Aquamans in the 40's is a true beater...I'll make sure to post it when the time comes!

c39.jpg

Love the cover (and the condition) of this book! :applause:

Perhaps my next niche collection should be these style of covers. Multiple heros and villains - or heroes vs. heroes - squaring off. Justice League and X-Men titles had some great covers that way and I have been noticing a few others.

These treasuries continue to be stunning. Keeping these oversize gems so beautiful is a challenge in itself.

c39.jpg

Love the cover (and the condition) of this book! :applause:

Perhaps my next niche collection should be these style of covers. Multiple heros and villains - or heroes vs. heroes - squaring off. Justice League and X-Men titles had some great covers that way and I have been noticing a few others.

These treasuries continue to be stunning. Keeping these oversize gems so beautiful is a challenge in itself.

I was real....real lucky on the treasuries.

This is basically a "pedigree" quality set...they are the Monterey books. They are unread and I actually handle them with white cloth gloves. I bought them in 1990 from the OO. Unfortunately they are not a complete set; you will see that in the later issues.