• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Oh well...I hate to keep posting if no one can see my images. (shrug)
doh! That's why I didn't bring it up. It's all Jack's fault.

Don't worry about it. Keep posting. (thumbs u

Oh well...I hate to keep posting if no one can see my images. (shrug)
doh! That's why I didn't bring it up. It's all Jack's fault.

Don't worry about it. Keep posting. (thumbs u

Yeah, agreed. I can see and enjoy your images but lose some details on my #$%^& dark monitor. I can download and brighten those I want to see better -- like that Washington Ha Ha -- in about 30 sec, so no big deal.

It's all my fault. (Just ask my wife.) Keep posting!

Jack

Here's a cool cover I've never seen (thumbs u

Glad you liked it. Didn't know if anyone cared to see some of the 80's stuff. I really liked this series. I purchased the entire run from my local comic shop as they came out.

Here's a cool cover I've never seen (thumbs u

Glad you liked it. Didn't know if anyone cared to see some of the 80's stuff. I really liked this series. I purchased the entire run from my local comic shop as they came out.

I wasn't paying any attention to comics at the time, but I later picked up the whole series from cheapo bins. Not that I've read them all, but it just might be the best Superman book of the 80s (I've read that claim elsewhere).

It's fun to see all eras here.

Jack

Yowzah!

That's got to be one of the top Airboy covers!

Which are your favorites?

There are quite a few good ones IMO. I like, in no particular order, today's, the one for tomorrow, July and Oct. 1946 (I've shown them), Nov. 1947 (don't own a copy yet), Oct. and Dec. 1948, April 1949, March 1950 and April 1953. Sadly without pictures, it doesn't mean much.

The cover chores went from Fred Kida to Dan Barry to Jack Kirby to Art Peddy to Dan Zolnerowich to Ernie Shroeder. All in all Kida and Zolnerowich produced consistently better covers.

img243.jpg

Nothing better than this one as far as war comics go!!!