• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me how to load better images into these messages? If I try to load a file that is more than 200 kb, I receive a message telling me that it is too big. Thanks. Tony D.

Yes, 200 kb is the limit. A way to get around this is to load your picture into a free hosting service (I use Photobucket for example sometimes but I see SeaDevils and others are) and then to include the pic hosted on that service. Once you upload a picture on Photobucket, you are given a URL for that pic you can then paste here. If you need more info, please PM me.

How many of you recall the Atomic Knights on another cover other than Strange Adventures #144?

I didn't know that! Love the Atomic Knights. Still need to find a few of their appearances. I might have this one, though. I'll have to check.

When the Atomic Knights stories were reprinted in STRANGE ADVENTURES, they appeared on the cover of STRANGE ADVENTURES #223 and although they didn't appear on the cover, the Atomic Knights story, The Cavemen Of New York made the cover of STRANGE ADVENTURES #219.

I have these issues but don't have access to them right now, so I got these images from the internet.

Wow! I have every one of those Strange Adventures but had forgotten about that cover. I haven't pulled those out for photographing yet.

Can anyone tell me how to load better images into these messages? If I try to load a file that is more than 200 kb, I receive a message telling me that it is too big. Thanks. Tony D.

You're using attachments, right?

The alternative is to use a hosting service like www.photobucket.com then simply post the link that's automatically generated with each image.

I resisted for a while but it's worth the trouble.

Remarkably, I've never gotten spam that I can directly trace to being on photobucket.

Jack

The alternative is to use a hosting service like www.photobucket.com then simply post the link that's automatically generated with each image.

Remarkably, I've never gotten spam that I can directly trace to being on photobucket.

Jack

Ooops. Scrooge and I must have been typing at the same time.

Jack

Jack

Ooops. Scrooge and I must have been typing at the same time.

Jack

Yeah...speaking of..your attachments make it hard for us to respond to your posts without having to copy and repost.

Yeah...speaking of..your attachments make it hard for us to respond to your posts without having to copy and repost.

I know I know but it's several more steps to upload to Photobucket and then post. Gotta save time for scanning. :sorry:

How many of you recall the Atomic Knights on another cover other than Strange Adventures #144?

I didn't know that! Love the Atomic Knights. Still need to find a few of their appearances. I might have this one, though. I'll have to check.

When the Atomic Knights stories were reprinted in STRANGE ADVENTURES, they appeared on the cover of STRANGE ADVENTURES #223 and although they didn't appear on the cover, the Atomic Knights story, The Cavemen Of New York made the cover of STRANGE ADVENTURES #219.

Impressive knowledge of DC obscuria. (Might have made that word up.)

I know I know but it's several more steps to upload to Photobucket and then post. Gotta save time for scanning. :sorry:

It's okay Scrooge. Love the books you been posting. Photobucket is easy and quick for me once I got used to it. And I make plenty of folders to keep everything organized. With my camera I've been averaging 100 books a day Front and back..so 200 images. I spend an hour or so early in the morn and another hour or so in the evening taking pics and rebagging and boarding as I go. I'm ready to take a break though.

of course not, just quickly scanning as I eat breakfast... :sorry:

How was it?

Jack

lol great picture!

I had a lovely Mexican omelette with 2 eggs, Pepperjack cheese, beans, tomatoes, Garlic & Onion. :cloud9:

And it took that long for you to tell us about it? Get with the program, man! We could have been discussing the merits of black vs pinto bean hours ago!

Jack