• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Sigs

100 posts in this topic

Your a part timer by words, and action, but yet your insistant on carving things up your way... what a tool

I guess you glossed over the previous lesson. It should read "YOU'RE a part timer ... YOU'RE insistEnt... " :gossip:

But he did get one thing right, I am a tool. Tool of da gov'ment that 'tis.

lol

I believe that having creators sign their books and having other personailities sign books that contain characters that they have played on TV or in the movies enhances the book. It transforms the book from a simple comic to a one of a kind artwork. I know a lot of people think that is crazy and that is cool. However, I expect to receive a modicum of tact if someone is going to tell me my books are ruined or that I am a fool.

Having a guy like Brasseye call the trooper a tool because of his SS is plain rude. Having a living legend like Lily Renee sign that beautiful book was, in my opinion, the best thing that could have happened to it. To me, the signature is perfect and the book is enhanced. To you, most likely not so much. But at least you have the decorum to not call me a tool.

Well put (thumbs u

Having a guy like Brasseye call the trooper a tool because of his SS is plain rude. Having a living legend like Lily Renee sign that beautiful book was, in my opinion, the best thing that could have happened to it. To me, the signature is perfect and the book is enhanced. To you, most likely not so much. But at least you have the decorum to not call me a tool.

If you going to quote me, at least get it right. I stuck to four letter words for pt's benefit, he seems to like em a lot for some reason or another.

And the issue is about ped books, get signed what the heck you like by who the heck you like, no business of mine what so ever.

But have the courtesy, and good judgement not to railroad over established convention (historically recognised pedigrees) simply because you feel like it.

Is that so difficult to understand (shrug)

Having a guy like Brindividual_without_enough_empathy call the trooper a tool because of his SS is plain rude. Having a living legend like Lily Renee sign that beautiful book was, in my opinion, the best thing that could have happened to it. To me, the signature is perfect and the book is enhanced. To you, most likely not so much. But at least you have the decorum to not call me a tool.

If you going to quote me, at least get it right. I stuck to four letter words for pt's benefit, he seems to like em a lot for some reason or another.

And the issue is about ped books, get signed what the heck you like by who the heck you like, no business of mine what so ever.

But have the courtesy, and good judgement not to railroad over established convention (historically recognised pedigrees) simply because you feel like it.

durrrrrrr me no unddertand :insane:

Your a part timer by words, and action, but yet your insistant on carving things up your way... what a tool

I guess you glossed over the previous lesson. It should read "YOU'RE a part timer ... YOU'RE insistEnt... " :gossip:

But he did get one thing right, I am a tool. Tool of da gov'ment that 'tis.

doh! Oh Jeez...again doh!

Lookup Brasseye... no change required, doncha lov it.

Boy, if brains were dollar bill's, you'd be asking change for a quarter!

IMHO - I think that getting a HG SA/GA book signed by anyone is taking away from the book. Get your 5.0s and 6.0s signed all day (I wouldn't even get those signed) but when you get a High Grade book signed by anyone i believe you to be ruining the book. The whole reason HGs go for so much money is there rarity and having marker scribbled all over them is insane. I dont care if Jack Kirby himself raises from the grave to sign my HG FFs I would not let him. (I would love a nice sketch though!) NOW - the fact that you're talking about pedigrees makes it DOWNRIGHT CRAZY to me. The whole point of the pedigree is DESTROYED when you get it signed.

Now, dont get me completely wrong. I think that autographs have a great place in the comic book industry. On Moderns. Here's my rationale: Say I get the new Cap book and I meet Ed Brubaker at WWLA. I get it signed because it adds a story to the book maybe even some value. The book came out recently and was signed by the writer that just came up with the idea. The stuff thats signed by Stan Lee he did friggin 40 years ago. I just think that is lame. It's like getting a brand new baseball signed by Willie Mays at the All star game in 1999. Not quite as cool as the "story" of a young kid running up to Willie Mays after the game in 1965 to get the foul ball signed.

Instead, Get Stan to sign a poster or a picture or your wife's boobs but please don't have him sign the 9.4 AF15 because now you've taken one more away.

The other thing is this - I can't stand when you go to a convention and dealers bring boxes and boxes of books to be signed for the clear intention to sell. I think this impersonal practice dilutes any meaning these sigs have and the creators clearly resent it. Get something signed because it will mean something to you, as a way to remember the occasion of meeting that person. Don't just slap down 50 books in front of them and not even say hi.

If you going to quote me, at least get it right. I stuck to four letter words for pt's benefit, he seems to like em a lot for some reason or another. Get what right? You called him a tool

And the issue is about ped books, get signed what the heck you like by who the heck you like, no business of mine what so ever. I was specifically addressing Vaughn's Crippen copy signed by Lily Renee. That is a pedigree book that is far better now than it was before Ms. Renee signed it.

You need to do some research on the word "courtesy." You could use a crash course. Your opinion is clear and I respect it. You demeanor makes me want to have Stan Lee draw cockroaches on every Pedigree copy of every comic on the planet just to spite you.

If you going to quote me, at least get it right. I stuck to four letter words for pt's benefit, he seems to like em a lot for some reason or another. Get what right? You called him a tool

And the issue is about ped books, get signed what the heck you like by who the heck you like, no business of mine what so ever. I was specifically addressing Vaughn's Crippen copy signed by Lily Renee. That is a pedigree book that is far better now than it was before Ms. Renee signed it.

You need to do some research on the word "courtesy." You could use a crash course. Your opinion is clear and I respect it. You demeanor makes me want to have Stan Lee draw cockroaches on every Pedigree copy of every comic on the planet just to spite you.

But Sean to do so, would be to spite me as well :baiting:

Jim

So would it be a crime to buy a pedigree book. Crack the slab and submit it for a Sig but not let them know it was a pedigree or no sig hoping for a higher grade?

Its still the same book just the label missing.

The problem with this is, there might be a person who "needs" that particular book to finish a run, finish a collection etc etc. There is only one copy that would complete his/her collection. To "lose" the provenance of the book, to get a sig doesn't make sense to me. There are hundreds, if not thousands of the same book in the same grade for you to choose, is it really that important to use that particular "version" of the book?

Jim

But Sean to do so, would be to spite me as well :baiting:

Jim

Mmmmmm, hmmmm. How about the White Mountain copy of JIM 112 signed by Eric bana, Ed Norton, Ang Lee, Kenneth Branaugh, Stan Lee and Vinnie Colleta. Yes sir, makes the heart go pitty-pat. :insane:

(shrug)

This is getting awefully tiring.

Are you trying to tell me your defending pt?

So would it be a crime to buy a pedigree book. Crack the slab and submit it for a Sig but not let them know it was a pedigree or no sig hoping for a higher grade?

The problem with this is, there might be a person who "needs" that particular book to finish a run, finish a collection etc etc. There is only one copy that would complete his/her collection. To "lose" the provenance of the book, to get a sig doesn't make sense to me. There are hundreds, if not thousands of the same book in the same grade for you to choose, is it really that important to use that particular "version" of the book?

Jim

:golfclap:

One of many examples where SS peds would not be welcomed.

Again, ...why is this so difficult to appreciate?

(shrug)

Trooper doesn't need anybody's help. He digs his own trenches. Your opinion is what it is. It is well thought out and I respect it. I even agree with it to a certain extent. I own one of the Western Penn copies of Nick Fury #1. I don't want Steranko to sign it because it is so sweet. But if I did want to, I would.

Also, those gorgeous mid-grade Crippen and Nova Scotia books 'Trooper did look fantastic to me. To me they have been enhanced and he was very careful to ensure that the provenance information was included on the yellow label.

I think you sound like a when you are rude and dismissive of other people's likes and collecting desires. As I am sure that you are not a , I hope that you will modify your behavior accordingly.

Jim

I would be more upset over the loss of the pedigree status than I would over a pedigree book being signed.

(shrug)

Trooper doesn't need anybody's help. He digs his own trenches. Your opinion is what it is. It is well thought out and I respect it. I even agree with it to a certain extent. I own one of the Western Penn copies of Nick Fury #1. I don't want Steranko to sign it because it is so sweet. But if I did want to, I would.

Also, those gorgeous mid-grade Crippen and Nova Scotia books 'Trooper did look fantastic to me. To me they have been enhanced and he was very careful to ensure that the provenance information was included on the yellow label.

I think you sound like a when you are rude and dismissive of other people's likes and collecting desires. As I am sure that you are not a , I hope that you will modify your behavior accordingly.

For the record, I only use '' remarks when goaded in kind. I do follow them through a tad too much, as it never gets anywhere, and it's just a load of bs at the end of the day. PT was a grand waste of my time.

SNAP! I own the other Nick Fury #1 WP copy, and I have the highest regard for Steranko as an artist that is conceivably feasible.

But I would still not have a ped copy signed by him.

Why, because there are hundreds upon hundreds of non-ped copies he could sign. And in that instant I wouldn't want the ped notation detracting from the signature!!

The argument to have a ped copy signed would be if it was the only copy you possessed. But then you obviously bought it in the first place for the ped notation? Ok, not necessarily.

But to me, they are to different entities, not less, or better than the other. Thats not the question, just different aspects of collecting. But combining them does and will alter, and dilute each individuals respective's quality IMO.

Thank you.

The argument to have a ped copy signed would be if it was the only copy you possessed. But then you obviously bought it in the first place for the ped notation? Ok, not necessarily.

But to me, they are to different entities, not less, or better than the other. Thats not the question, just different aspects of collecting. But combining them does and will alter, and dilute each individuals respective's quality IMO.

Thank you.

I bought the WP Nick Fury #1 because it was such a bargain for the quality. The inks look wet, the cut is perfect. I had my heart set on buying a 9.6 copy until I saw that one.

I guess my main point is that when you look at the copies that Trooper had done, yes they were pedigrees, but they are very sharp looking mid-grade copies. I would probably be keeping mum if they were 9.4 or some such. But I would still support his right to SS them, I just wouldn't personally do it. I think they are great because:

(1) Trooper kept the provenance information

(2) The sigs are by the cover artists who are industry legends

(3) The signature enhances rather than takes away from the cover artwork

(4) The signature probably does not detract from the grade globally because of the nature of the other defects.

Thank you.

I bought the WP Nick Fury #1 because it was such a bargain for the quality. The inks look wet, the cut is perfect. I had my heart set on buying a 9.6 copy until I saw that one.

I guess my main point is that when you look at the copies that Trooper had done, yes they were pedigrees, but they are very sharp looking mid-grade copies. I would probably be keeping mum if they were 9.4 or some such. But I would still support his right to SS them, I just wouldn't personally do it. I think they are great because:

(1) Trooper kept the provenance information

(2) The sigs are by the cover artists who are industry legends

(3) The signature enhances rather than takes away from the cover artwork

(4) The signature probably does not detract from the grade globally because of the nature of the other defects.

See, intelligent folk see the choices I make in getting my pedigrees signed. I might add they left out the "tool" remarks. Check my entire thread, I get a lot of books signed and what do you notice?

1) mostly mid to low grade books

2) cover artists, interior artists, or legendary writers signed the book

3) none of the books are overly expensive

4) Russ Heath, Joe Kubert, Freidrich, Ayers, Feldstein, Lily Renee, Noel Niel (first lois lane on TV) signed my books. Notice a pattern?

So before someone goads you into a flamewar to satisfy his own need for entertainment, I suggest you find out who YOU'RE calling a tool or ignorant.