• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just back from cgc - Mags

307 posts in this topic

I thought I'd post these, since I hadn't posted them on the board before...

IMG_1508.jpg

Both signed by Frazetta, both white pages. There's a 9.4, 9.0, and two 8.5s...Steve B's got the other 8.5, and it has OW/W pages. :cloud9:

These are going to my kids when I die. :)

Kick books! :applause:

Is one of them a reprint? (I see one has a blue title and the other one has a red title)

The blue foil is a reprint using the original 1969 film, limited to 100, printed by Harris in 2001. They also made one with gold foil, limited to 500, a platinum limited to 1000, and a regular red that had no limits to my knowledge.

The blue foil is a reprint using the original 1969 film, limited to 100, printed by Harris in 2001. They also made one with gold foil, limited to 500, a platinum limited to 1000, and a regular red that had no limits to my knowledge.

Why yes! Yes indeedy! :)

I had 3 Blues that got the signature treatment, because I figured "hey, it's already the rarest "variant", there's only 100, so what are the odds that another one is going to show up again?"

Chainnball has the other blue (9.0), and the third blue (9.0) was sold last summer.

It may not be "worth big money", but it's really pretty darn unique, all things considered! How many people can say they have a Vampi Blue signed by the Man?

Well....3, I guess, is what I just said earlier, so....

;)

Chain and I actually tossed around the idea of doing all three, the gold, platinum, and blue, but then I figured, since the gold and plat are essentially $10 books (you can still buy them for $10 and $8 respectively from Harris), I figured it really wasn't worth spending the $300+ it would cost with signing + slabbing just to "have a set."

Still, it would have been cool.

Yeah, that's a lot of money to spend on the Gold and Platinum, cool idea though.

Frank did a number of books in the early to mid 90's that just don't get any respect, or at least not much resale value. I have a number of them, just collecting dust mostly, altho I am sending in a few of the comic size to be graded, just to preserve them at this point. I have 3 or 4 sets of Frazetta Illustrated and have threatened to have some graded, but it is tough to spend money grading books with little resale value.

The Blue Foils are definately nice looking books, and worth the trouble to grade.

vampibluefoil.jpg

Yeah, that's a lot of money to spend on the Gold and Platinum, cool idea though.

Frank did a number of books in the early to mid 90's that just don't get any respect, or at least not much resale value. I have a number of them, just collecting dust mostly, altho I am sending in a few of the comic size to be graded, just to preserve them at this point. I have 3 or 4 sets of Frazetta Illustrated and have threatened to have some graded, but it is tough to spend money grading books with little resale value.

The Blue Foils are definately nice looking books, and worth the trouble to grade.

vampibluefoil.jpg

That's a beauty. Because I'm too lazy to make a few clicks, is that the only one in 9.8 (so far?)

One of the nice benefits of extremely limited print run books is that you can be relatively sure that hundreds more won't show up in the same grade.

At some point, I'd sure love to find out if the blues are really limited to 100. ;)

Talked to the ol' Chain n' ball last night, and he confirmed it. My 9.6, sadly, is no longer top census, and there are now 6 Vampi Blues signed by ol' Frank, including 3 in 9.8. Congrats Mr. J!

Still....for a book with a 100 print run, that's pretty freakin' cool. I'll see if I can get my remaining one signed and 9.8'ed. :D

And heck, I still have the 8.5 original. ;)