• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just back from cgc - Mags

307 posts in this topic

Those are great! Never saw full sized scans of the After Hours before, thanks for posting! (thumbs u

I thought I'd like the cover to #1 better but after seeing them I like #3 more!

The notation "First Warren Mag" is so cool to see.

James Warren trying to be another Hugh Hefner, "beauty" didn't work out so he tried the "beast" (horror mags)! :insane:

National Lampoon #13 9.0 white, scarce in high grade, one higher at 9.2 (not a real expensive book, but very cool and hard to find in decent shape)

Awesome Frazetta cover (worship)

NLampoon13.jpg

Super book! I like the tip of the hat to the pulps: Adventure, Weird Tales and Spicey Stories! :applause:

Then of course there is this old rag.... lol

Vampirella #1, 9.4 highest graded (and not from lack of trying) tied with 3 others.

Page quality is a bit lower than I like, but I will have to live with it ;)

vampi1_94.jpg

One more Vampirella...#3 Low Distribution 9.4 white pages :cloud9:

Only 2 9.8's grade higher, once again, not sure how many of the other 9.4's have white pages. (4 others) Has a date stamp on the back, Oct 21, 1969. Just in time for Halloween, sweet.

vampi3_94.jpg

Here is one that I think some people don't like because it's a bit foreboding, personally, I think it's pretty good and the story is killer too (pun intended)

Key issue as it's Goodwin's last Creepy....and the last Frazetta cover for 2 years..

Creepy #17 9.6 white pages, tied with one other 9.6..

creepy17_96.jpg

Those are great! Never saw full sized scans of the After Hours before, thanks for posting! (thumbs u

James Warren trying to be another Hugh Hefner, "beauty" didn't work out so he tried the "beast" (horror mags)! :insane:

So you are saying you don't care so much for the Granny panties on the cover of #1? lol

Those were sexy back in the day.... :whistle:

4 issues of After Hours were printed before the city of Philly shut Jim down. I suprised he made it to issue 4, he should have been in NY publishing, as he found out.

So you are saying you don't care so much for the Granny panties on the cover of #1? lol

Those were sexy back in the day.... :whistle:

4 issues of After Hours were printed before the city of Philly shut Jim down. I suprised he made it to issue 4, he should have been in NY publishing, as he found out.

Granny panties :sick:

Thinking about these CGC graded After Hours makes me wonder if CGC grades Playboy yet?

Where the heck do you find those mags??? I never come across Warrens in such nice shape.

If you must know.... I sold my soul to the devil :devil:

Actually it takes buying lots of copies to find the good ones, I have boxes full of VF type copies, usually I have another half a dozen VFish for every high grade copy you see. There are exceptions, the After Hours I only have 1 or 2 extra copies due to the scarcity, the 2 two graded were just lucky purchases, those books are rarely in that great of condition.