• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conan the Barbarian

92 posts in this topic

#1 - 100 or so are mostly written by Thomas, I think. He was then off the title for most of the 1980s while he was working for DC, but then came back to it in the '90s. I'm pretty sure he wrote the last few issues as well.

I think 1 - 100 is about the best 100 issue run in comics history

I'd say Kirby Fantastic Four is better.

Begone, with thy wimpy threadfart! We Barbarians stink of musk and blood, and cannot smell your pitiful effluvium! Conan the Barbarian 1-100 is better :sumo:

Well that puny prehistoric oaf never met the likes of Aunt Petunia's baby boy, Ben!

Puny will be the size of the skittering rodents that slink in to feast upon your entrails after they are shown the light of the harsh Stygian sun. Conan has slain all manner of monsters, Sedimentary, Igneous, and Metamorphic, and WILL hear the lamentation of this Petunia, as she cries "Conan 1-100 is better!"

Ha Ha Ha! It will take a lot more than some rock crushing fool to make Ol' Blue Eyes say uncle. FF 1-100 reigns supreme over the silly stone age man!

Have you read Conan 1 - 100? if not, reserve judgement until you do.

FF 1 - 100 is clearly the second best 100 issue run. But clearly second.

Puny will be the size of the skittering rodents that slink in to feast upon your entrails after they are shown the light of the harsh Stygian sun. Conan has slain all manner of monsters, Sedimentary, Igneous, and Metamorphic, and WILL hear the lamentation of this Petunia, as she cries "Conan 1-100 is better!"

:applause:

:applause:

:sumo:

#1 - 100 or so are mostly written by Thomas, I think. He was then off the title for most of the 1980s while he was working for DC, but then came back to it in the '90s. I'm pretty sure he wrote the last few issues as well.

I think 1 - 100 is about the best 100 issue run in comics history

I'd say Kirby Fantastic Four is better.

Begone, with thy wimpy threadfart! We Barbarians stink of musk and blood, and cannot smell your pitiful effluvium! Conan the Barbarian 1-100 is better :sumo:

Well that puny prehistoric oaf never met the likes of Aunt Petunia's baby boy, Ben!

Ha Ha Ha! It will take a lot more than some rock crushing fool to make Ol' Blue Eyes say uncle. FF 1-100 reigns supreme over the silly stone age man!

Have you read Conan 1 - 100? if not, reserve judgement until you do.

FF 1 - 100 is clearly the second best 100 issue run. But clearly second.

I've read all of the FF run and dang near 95% off Conan run.

I really like reading the dark horse remastered collected editions. The coloring is updated, almost like a digital re-mastering of an old film. I honestly can't understand why some conan fans hate them.

Anyone else like them?

As for the comic series, I lost interest after smith. Only the magazine stories with artists like alcala held a lot of my interest (particularly stories that were retold from the original pulps or novels).

I really like reading the dark horse remastered collected editions. The coloring is updated, almost like a digital re-mastering of an old film. I honestly can't understand why some conan fans hate them.

Anyone else like them?

As for the comic series, I lost interest after smith. Only the magazine stories with artists like alcala held a lot of my interest (particularly stories that were retold from the original pulps or novels).

I've taken a look at them, but I think I generally prefer the originals. The colors ARE a little nicer in some cases, but somehow the art doesn't feel as sharp as it is in the original issues. :shrug:

conan5front.jpg

:golfclap:Absolutely stunning colors -- a simply outstanding copy there, Soldier! (thumbs u

* I'm really quite jealous... :/

:acclaim:

When I first saw it at my LCS, I was floored, took me all of 2 seconds to decide on the purchase.

scan0014-5.jpg

(worship)

Hope I win the 8.0 in the raffle. I have 2 raw #1's but aspire to own one like yours someday!

That's my 8.0 in the raffle. I upgraded recently, but I still have a soft spot for that 8.0. Not only does it present beautifully and have white pages, but it was my first CGC'd purchase (way, way back in mid-2007).

That's a nice looking 9.4 by the way. Nice centering. My 9.6 is a little off, but I'll live with it.

conan1cgc96and80.jpg

Boy, that 9.6 is purdy! What do you think it would be worth with BWS's auto as a Signature Series?

Anyone else like them?

I've taken a look at them, but I think I generally prefer the originals. The colors ARE a little nicer in some cases, but somehow the art doesn't feel as sharp as it is in the original issues. :shrug:

I've been enjoying the Dark Horse trades too. Much cheaper than buying the originals and individual issues are always at risk of accidents around me. That's why I'm a big fan of slabs for my keepers. I would live to be able to read the originals, I love the paper from those days much more than modern glossy comic pages but trades are just my friend for reading.