• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Newest Addition...and a question

75 posts in this topic

nonsense...call him out...he is a liar, and needs to be treated as such!

I totally agree with Rick on this.

That Heritage sale for $896 is very odd. Just WAY more than that book is worth.

I agree. I just sold my 8.0 copy of that book in the recent CL auction and it only went for $700.

That 5.0 copy is nice....but not 800 bucks worth.Maybe the guy was shilling his own item on Heritage and it backfired on him....either way, you should neg him,so others might be warned...and at least you're not out anything.You'll find another 80 in 5.0....COOL book.....Mr. Myxyzptlk is the bomb.If they had used the splash page for the cover of superman 30...that book would go for double what it goes for.Sorry you didn't get the book...what a drag.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I knew the book wasn't worth anywhere near the heritage price....that's a real mystery to me but for $255 I thought it was a fair price. Not even a rip in my book as another 5.0 sold on heritage for $265....but appearently the seller thought it was too cheap. I am pretty sure I will leave him negative feedback but I don't think there's anyway I am getting the book so going back and forth with this a-hole isn't worth my time enery, or stress.

There are other books out their I could purchase but I know every knows the excitement of winning something, paying for it...and then having the rug pulled out from under you. At least this was a quick tern around from the time I paid till the time I got the refund. As they say, their is no honor in theives and if this person can sleep at night with BS lies....then he's not going to give two hoots about a nasty gram from me.

For the sake of all of you out there that hate it when someone sticks it to you on Ebay, I sent the seller the following message.

Good Evening, I must admit your garage sale story on a Tuesday night in Canada in the dead of Winter is more than a little unbelievable. My sister-in-law is from Canada and she laughed when I asked her about garage sales in December. Also with the other books you have sold recently and have for sale, there no way you wife would not have a clue as to the value of graded comic books with Superman on the cover. I was married for 18 years and was a collector for 18 as well and my wife knew my collectibles were worth good money even if she didn't know exactly how much. She would also have never sold anything with out my express permission. With that said I am hoping you will still honor our legally binding agreement and sell me the book for th $255 final bid price. If not I will simply handle subsequent communcations directly through Ebay support channels available to us Ebay Power Sellers.

I hope we can work this out and complete the sale as it looks like a nice book.

Thanks

For the sake of all of you out there that hate it when someone sticks it to you on Ebay, I sent the seller the following message.

Good Evening, I must admit your garage sale story on a Tuesday night in Canada in the dead of Winter is more than a little unbelievable. My sister-in-law is from Canada and she laughed when I asked her about garage sales in December. Also with the other books you have sold recently and have for sale, there no way you wife would not have a clue as to the value of graded comic books with Superman on the cover. I was married for 18 years and was a collector for 18 as well and my wife knew my collectibles were worth good money even if she didn't know exactly how much. She would also have never sold anything with out my express permission. With that said I am hoping you will still honor our legally binding agreement and sell me the book for th $255 final bid price. If not I will simply handle subsequent communcations directly through Ebay support channels available to us Ebay Power Sellers.

Thanks

:golfclap:

Thanks

VERY professional....the fellow does need to realize that what he did is NOT OK. I , for one wouldn't give him another chance with my hard earned money....he may not be so reasonable next time.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks

Nice one! I love eBay, but like this does happen too often. Kudos.

not being a d.c. guy and, pardon my candor kryp, hating the cover, i'm not sure i'da dropped $20 for it at a garage sale, especailly if there were some nice doilies, book-ends or light-up beer signs available.

not being a d.c. guy and, pardon my candor kryp, hating the cover, i'm not sure i'da dropped $20 for it at a garage sale, especailly if there were some nice doilies, book-ends or light-up beer signs available.

I with Parker. Given the choice between a Mxyztplk cover and a used ashtray I think I'm going with the butt receptacle. Besides the story was obviously BS. Who would pay $20 for that at a garage sale?

Good thing we all like differnet books......makes the ones I want more affordable. Now I am heading off to a garage sale where they have slabbed mid-grade GA books on sale for $20.....if you need any early tec or batman etc....just let me know and I will grab a box or two :devil:

I with Parker. Given the choice between a Mxyztplk cover and a used ashtray I think I'm going with the butt receptacle. Besides the story was obviously BS. Who would pay $20 for that at a garage sale?

:makepoint:

Kudos to you for attempting to communicate in a proffesional manner and for being more than reasonable. A lot of Ebay sellers are worried about the all mighty negative now that they can't retaliate. I think this guy deserves a neg. even if he does eventually send the comic to you. Hope this has a fair resolution.

Ok finally got two responses for the seller....

Our church has an annual one every Dec so laugh all you want. How incredibly rude!! Our whole congregation gets together for this and we have over 200 tables in a hall ...

then 4 minutes later he sent...

We don't have it ...I would gladly give it to you --we have 5 boxes of comics on our table and both her and I know nothing about comics -- and thank god I do not have a relationship (dictatorship) that you and your wife have. I trust my wife and she me --and mistakes happen. Why wouldn't we have given to you. We gave your money back and were forthcoming and because you and your family are so flipping accusatory and paranoid is you problem 0wha ta sad family you have --full of power and ego and paranoid accusations against others.

Call ebay --we will gladly speak to them. I have nothing to hide. Go for it big man!

So I guess I have a sad family becuase my wife respects me and my possessions enough to ask before selling a $300 book for $20.......how am I ever going to live with myself now :sorry:

Bottom line, I reported him to Ebay, herd nothing back so I guess I will wait one more day and just leave negative feedback. Nothing more I can do but warn other potential bidder that winning a book doesn't mean you will get it. I am not planning to send another e-mail to this joker.....just a waste of time. doh!