• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Newest Addition...and a question

75 posts in this topic

I just snagged this off Ebay after getting outbid on another book the seller was offering. I wanted this book more but I saw it after placing a strong bid for the other book so things worked out well.

The stange thing is when I went to Heritage to see what this book in this condition was routinely selling for I found the exact book and it sold for around 3 times guide on September 28th? Why would anyone pay 3 times the going rate for this book and then list it for around market value on Ebay? I thought maybe it was a scam but the seller has great feedback and I am protected via paypal on my purchase. The only thing I could see is that the seller is located in Canada......could the exchange rates be that strong? :o

Action80-1.jpg

Anyway...what do you think of the book?

and now the hammer falls......I just had my paypal payment refunded by the seller with the following note:

Subject:

xxx xxxxxx

Note:

Sorry ---the wife accidentally sold it in our garage sale last night ---was not suppose to be out there ---she sold it for $20.00 if you can get over that. Choked is an understatement. Again my most sincere apologies...

I guess the seller didn't like the price the book brought? Too bad I don't have any recourse, plus now paypal has a hold on all of the funds I used to pay and they are going to still transfer them into my account in 3 to 4 business days :frustrated:

call the seller out as BS, and demand he sell you the book that I would be $'s to donuts he still has and didn't sell in a Tues night garage sale (ask him to produce the newspaper ad where they adv a Tues night garage sale)...

this kind of bs has to stop

That has to be the worst excuse I have ever heard but coupled with the fact that this very same book shows it sold for $896 on Septmber 28th.....maybe I am just better off getting far away from this seller and his stories. Regardless I am very Disappointed as I loved the color and cover on this one. Guess it's back to the drawing board doh!

nonsense...call him out...he is a liar, and needs to be treated as such!

I totally agree with Rick on this.

That Heritage sale for $896 is very odd. Just WAY more than that book is worth.

Seller is an absolute liar. Who holds garage sales in Canada on a Tuesday night in the winter? I've never seen a garage sale in the Winter period, let alone on a Tuesday. Neg the guy.

call the seller out as BS, and demand he sell you the book that I would be $'s to donuts he still has and didn't sell in a Tues night garage sale (ask him to produce the newspaper ad where they adv a Tues night garage sale)...

this kind of bs has to stop

I concur, out the guy. I've taken a bath before on a book. Big deal, you win some you lose some but at least take it like a man, like me. Go off and cry in a corner of the basement for 2 hours until the wife slaps me and tells me to stop being a little person_without_enough_empathy about it. :grin:

Seller is an absolute liar. Who holds garage sales in Canada on a Tuesday night in the winter? I've never seen a garage sale in the Winter period, let alone on a Tuesday. Neg the guy.

Good point. There should've been a drop in hockey league going on somewhere. All Canadians play hockey, don't they? :insane: I don't buy his krap.

Good point. There should've been a drop in hockey league going on somewhere. All Canadians play hockey, don't they? :insane: I don't buy his krap.

Perhaps it was a combination hockey game/ garage sale featuring slabbed comics? Who the hell sells slabs at a garage sale? *fork*

email him back and tell him you don't buy his story, and that you have a legally binding contract for him to sell you the comic at the price you won it at... re paypal it, and see what happens

Perhaps it was a combination hockey game/ garage sale featuring slabbed comics? Who the hell sells slabs at a garage sale? *fork*

Must've been a heck of a garage sale. Maybe some lucky bargain shopper will make a big score when his wife puts the rest of his comics out next week. I wonder how she forgot to put all these out there with the Action #80?

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/stage*handz

What a load of BS!

Just another reason not to use E-Bay as far as I am concerned. There seems to be no recourse in dealing with people who don't honor their committments, legally binding or not. I tried to sell a car last year on E-Bay and the deal fell through with zero communication from the buyer. E-Bay had no interest in doing anything about it. Other than two to three comic sellers I have bought from before and the occassional volume seller of batteries, water filters or that sort of thing I don't go near E-Bay anymore.

I agree. I just sold my 8.0 copy of that book in the recent CL auction and it only went for $700.