• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just now watched Batman the Dark Knight

89 posts in this topic

the fact that you can't bother to see a movie on a movie screen renders your opinion moot.

Why? I rarely go to theaters to watch movies, as I prefer the comfort of my home entertainment center and the drinks from my own mini-bar. I also love film. How would my preference not to go to an over-crowded theater with sticky floors, whining children, and over-priced snacks, render my opinions on any film "moot"?

It's not your decision to avoid movie theaters as much as it is your small mind and lack of insight.

Wow. :flamed:

the fact that you can't bother to see a movie on a movie screen renders your opinion moot.

Why? I rarely go to theaters to watch movies, as I prefer the comfort of my home entertainment center and the drinks from my own mini-bar. I also love film. How would my preference not to go to an over-crowded theater with sticky floors, whining children, and over-priced snacks, render my opinions on any film "moot"?

It's not your decision to avoid movie theaters as much as it is your small mind and lack of insight.

Wow.

AND....scene.

That's a wrap people!

Now go hit the Kraft table! :thumbsup:

Except for IMAX and exceptional movie theaters(like the Ritz chain in Philly), I prefer to watch movies at home. Mall theaters are full of noisy teenagers who aren't interested in watching the movie, and the projection and sound are usually not up to snuff.

So that is just your personal opinion. Clearly you are in the minority, both amongst your comic peers as well as the success in box office as measured by many different metrics.

I personally have found the entire reboot refreshing. I accept that it is my personal opinion, but it is comforting to know that my opinion is well in agreement with the thousands of others whom also enjoyed the series. Hopefully you didn't come here looking for validation.

I prefer to watch movies at home. Mall theaters are full of noisy teenagers who aren't interested in watching the movie.

I couldn't agree with you more. I am fed up with people who can't leave their cell phones in their car for two hours. Even if they're only texting, all of those phone lights going on and off all around me are too distracting.

That's all well and good, but does Bale deliver his lines as Batman any better in IMAX? Is Two Face's character better utilized in IMAX? Is Maggie Gyllenhaal's character any less annoying in IMAX? Are the action scenes more plausible in IMAX? Is the movie a more streamlined and refined 1.75h as opposed to a drawn out 2.5h in IMAX?

:makepoint:

FYI, I think the original poster is over-exaggerating.

Plausible? Plausible?

You do realize this is a movie about a man who dresses up as a bat and goes driving around a city in a tank which jumps over rooftops right?

Suspension of disbelief has its limits, and there is plausibility and implausibility within the context of specific comic characters and the world they inhabit. Just because Batman is a comic book character, doesn't mean it's a free-for-all as far as realism is concerned. The "fantastical" stuff has to be congruent to the "rules" established by the source material.

Plausible? Plausible?

You do realize this is a movie about a man who dresses up as a bat and goes driving around a city in a tank which jumps over rooftops right?

Suspension of disbelief has its limits, and there is plausibility and implausibility within the context of specific comic characters and the world they inhabit. Just because Batman is a comic book character, doesn't mean it's a free-for-all as far as realism is concerned. The "fantastical" stuff has to be congruent to the "rules" established by the source material.

OK, you complain about how this movie is not plausible? Did you really see the other Batman movies? Really, did you see them? Did you really believe that Batman and Robin was plausible? Did you even believe that Batman Forever was plausible? Heck even the first two Tim Burton Films of Batman are extremely noy plausible. Really explain how these movies are so much more plausible. You make no sense whatsoever with this contention.

Plausible? Plausible?

OK, you complain about how this movie is not plausible? Did you really see the other Batman movies? Really, did you see them? Did you really believe that Batman and Robin was plausible? Did you even believe that Batman Forever was plausible? Heck even the first two Tim Burton Films of Batman are extremely noy plausible. Really explain how these movies are so much more plausible. You make no sense whatsoever with this contention.

doh!

Settle down. I wasn't the original poster, I didn't say TDK was the worst Batman movie, nor did I even say that TDK was a bad movie overall. Batman and Robin and Batman Forever were atrocious, and to say that TDK was worse than those two is ludicrous. All I'm saying is that I think TDK is overrated, and it's unfortunate that much of its success is due to a tragedy.

Before deciding that a contention of mine "makes no sense", actually read it.

So that is just your personal opinion. Clearly you are in the minority, both amongst your comic peers as well as the success in box office as measured by many different metrics.

I personally have found the entire reboot refreshing. I accept that it is my personal opinion, but it is comforting to know that my opinion is well in agreement with the thousands of others whom also enjoyed the series. Hopefully you didn't come here looking for validation.

Any statement made on forums of any type is considered an Opinion unless backed up by facts. And yes I know I am in the minority, but I am fine with that.

Honestly none of the "Super" hero movies thrill me all that well, spiderman was ok, X-men was decent but the movies totally screw up everything that is known or the story as I read them that it ruins it for me.

I heard so much about how good the Joker was and how good of a job Ledger did I was actually like cool he read the killing joke so this is going to be really good. I am sorry But ledger just makes a poor joker, in fact none of the actors really put the movie together for me. Again this is all my opinion and I respect the fact that others disagree with me, thats cool, no ones perfect.

As for Iron man, ok it was not that bad, but again I just did not really like it so much.

Ok as for the remark about me not going to the theaters, I do not understand what that has to do with me not enjoying movies? I prefer to watch movies in the privacy of my home, with my wife and kids and not spend 5 bucks for a coke (Each) and 7 bucks for popcorn and when it is all said and done a family outing for 4 ends up costing over 50 bucks, forget that.

Look I understand most people disagree and I respect that, I just wanted to make my point, which I thought was the point of "forums" to discuss things. I did not need snide remarks like "go see a play".

Ok I am done.

thank You for listening to my rant.

I dont go to the movies as they are way overpriced so I waited for the Dark Knight from netflix.

I actually was excited because I heard so much about heath ledger playing the joker, etc etc.

At the End it was without a doubt the worst Batman movie I ever seen.

Joker was to tame and frankly boring. (over hyped because of Heath Ledgers untimely death)

They ruined 2 face

Bruce wayne/Batman totally wrong

I can go on and on about why this movie and the one prior sucked, but I wont. I am just disappointed that the Batman Movies lately are so poorly done. It is like DC and Marvel just throw together slap a title to it and release it.

Iron Man

Hulk

Batman

Superman

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Ok I am done ranting, I think I am in the minority here but I was just so disappointed I needed to rant.

So Iron Man was terrible too? (shrug)

Iron-Man was person_without_enough_empathyen! :headbang::makepoint:

I think expectation plays a key role. I had extremely low expectations for Iron Man and I think that led to me liking the movie as much as I did. It was better than anticipated.

If all you have read/heard for months is how awesome the Batman movie is you might develop a very high expectation that is harder to satisfy.