• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toon Tumblers and ice cold beer....

496 posts in this topic

Best fire command ever, Azimuth 4100, Charge one, Shell HE, Fuze VT, VT Time 1.0 seconds, When ready, right outside of Najaf Iraq, March 2003. Infantry Platoon spotted a Mortar section 300 meters from our position. DANGER CLOSE, Battery 1 Round, BAD GUYS VAPORIZED!!!!!!!!!! Not a pretty clean up mission! They deserved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best fire command ever, Azimuth 4100, Charge one, Shell HE, Fuze VT, VT Time 1.0 seconds, When ready, right outside of Najaf Iraq, March 2003. Infantry Platoon spotted a Mortar section 300 meters from our position. DANGER CLOSE, Battery 1 Round, BAD GUYS VAPORIZED!!!!!!!!!! Not a pretty clean up mission! They deserved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you translate this for us non military types please?

Did someone mention beer?

OOh Yeah. Toon Tumblers unavailable in this neck of the woods, so something from the Bengali Forest will have to do . . . . . . .

Dang Duffman.....is that a quart size glass??!!! :o And shouldn't you be drinking Duff beer??? lol

Mr Peabody. Classic memories. I miss my childhood. Only thing that would have made it better was beer.

haha......if you did have beer torch.....you would have got sent to the PRINCIPALS OFFICE !!!

OOh Yeah. Toon Tumblers unavailable in this neck of the woods, so something from the Bengali Forest will have to do . . . . . . .

Dang Duffman.....is that a quart size glass??!!! :o And shouldn't you be drinking Duff beer??? lol

:signfunny:laugh.gif

Go big or go home huh?

ca.gif Chris

Fuze VT = The fuze will cause the round to explode 1.0 sec before hitting the ground

HE = High Explosive. This is one bullet with one helluva big boom.

Explosing 1.0 sec before hitting ground = down pour of melted hot shrapnel = bad day for anyone in the rain storm.

Danger Close = You're calling the people in the Fire Direction Center (which I helped manage) and asking them to drop the round within a radius that could potentially cause some of the fiery rain to fall on you. This is usually reserved for those times when you are in DEEP .... caka.

Battery 1 Round = 6 howitzers (think cannons but MUCH meaner) firing one bullet (1 bullet = 100+ lbs and about the size of a leg from hip to toe).

Does that help? :)

Azimuth = direction as measured from true north on a horizontal plane, Charge one is the lowest charge available = DAMN Close, Shell HE= High Explosives, FUZE VT = Variable time ( radio transmitter in fuze explodes 20 meters or 70 feet above the ground for maximum effects against troops in the open) time 1.0 seconds, arms the round 1 second after firing, detonates at previously mentioned height above ground, received this mission 1 kilometer outside Najaf, ( second Holiest City in Iraq) in March 2003, during the invasion, Prior to infamous " Mission Accomplished Speach" A friendly Infantry, I.E. Walking Soldiers Platoon, (roughly 36 Soldiers) Spotted, I.E. Saw the Iraqis targeting my position, Danger Close = Our rounds were detonating within the prescribed burst area ( AKA very close to friendly troops, all friendlies take cover) Battery one round, all six guns fired one round each for a total of six, 36 pound explosive rounds of Steel and composition B, a newer, more stable compound of TNT, trinitrotoluene (Dynamite), Bad guys vaporized = rather than bodies, only pink to red chunks were found, not a pretty clean up = the Iraqis feel that a dead body is a filthy thing and American Soldiers are therefore tasked with cleaning up their own mess, as it were. Does that about cover it? If more questions, just ask.

Of course,you're correct. Lunch time at the cricket, so a change of brew, but the stuff is getting very hard to find - not to mention expensive :cry:

70544.jpg.0d5f45ffb5cef9a4c31824ccf80c6874.jpg

Mr Peabody. Classic memories. I miss my childhood. Only thing that would have made it better was beer.

haha......if you did have beer torch.....you would have got sent to the PRINCIPALS OFFICE !!!

Eeeeek. A visit to the principals office for a offense always led to the strap back then. I don't care, it would have been worth it.

Fuze VT = The fuze will cause the round to explode 1.0 sec before hitting the ground

Explosing 1.0 sec before hitting ground = down pour of melted hot shrapnel = bad day for anyone in the rain storm.

Danger Close = You're calling the people in the Fire Direction Center (which I helped manage) and asking them to drop the round within a radius that could potentially cause some of the fiery rain to fall on you. This is usually reserved for those times when you are in DEEP .... caka.

Battery 1 Round = 6 howitzers (think cannons but MUCH meaner) firing one bullet (1 bullet = 100+ lbs and about the size of a leg from hip to toe).

Yes, thanks.

Eeeeek. A visit to the principals office for a offense always led to the strap back then. I don't care, it would have been worth it.

:o THE STRAP! Forgotten memories coming back.....I think the strap may have been yesterday's Ritalin hm

char092.gif Chris

Azimuth = direction as measured from true north on a horizontal plane, Charge one is the lowest charge available = DAMN Close, Shell HE= High Explosives, FUZE VT = Variable time ( radio transmitter in fuze explodes 20 meters or 70 feet above the ground for maximum effects against troops in the open) time 1.0 seconds, arms the round 1 second after firing, detonates at previously mentioned height above ground, received this mission 1 kilometer outside Najaf, ( second Holiest City in Iraq) in March 2003, during the invasion, Prior to infamous " Mission Accomplished Speach" A friendly Infantry, I.E. Walking Soldiers Platoon, (roughly 36 Soldiers) Spotted, I.E. Saw the Iraqis targeting my position, Danger Close = Our rounds were detonating within the prescribed burst area ( AKA very close to friendly troops, all friendlies take cover) Battery one round, all six guns fired one round each for a total of six, 36 pound explosive rounds of Steel and composition B, a newer, more stable compound of TNT, trinitrotoluene (Dynamite), Bad guys vaporized = rather than bodies, only pink to red chunks were found, not a pretty clean up = the Iraqis feel that a dead body is a filthy thing and American Soldiers are therefore tasked with cleaning up their own mess, as it were. Does that about cover it? If more questions, just ask.

Thanks.

Perfectly stated :applause:! This should be in a pub somewhere.... (thumbs u

char092.gif Chris