• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunites - New York Comic Con Feb. 6-8. 2009

185 posts in this topic

do they have posted guests with reserved tables but actually dont go. is campbell a confirmed guest?

:o Holy Cow? J Scott Campbell is going to be there??? Anyone still open for submissions? I wasn't aware of this when I sent my books in..

Jimmy Snuka never had a title, now guys like shelton benjamin hold them for a year.

I remember watching warner wolf sports as he was only one to show madison square garden highlights (before internet and PPV) and I saw snuka do the superfly from top of cage onto muraco and I spent the next few days thinking snuka had won the IC.

How about with 1 minute left on a show during the main event Ric Flair about to lose the title... and right before they cut into the credits..

HERE COMES THE FOUR HORSEMEN! ....WE HAVE TO GO, SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!!

:frustrated:

"Not to distract anyone from the educational info regarding past wrestlers, but after tinkering with Excel, here's an alphabetized list of the NYCC Artist Alley and table assignments. You might even see at least 1 new name on the list (it shocked me, at least) that could interest some of you!

Joel"

Wow, thank you Joel! I just imported these into my program. You saved me lots of time. ehhh Can you do MegaCon too? lol

Sharon

Desert Wind Comics

If I could do MegaCon *and* WonderCon in one weekend, that would be VERY talented of me! :) Sharon, I sent you my Excel file too (to DWC actually) did you get that?

To answer people's questions about J. Scott Campbell, he told me via e-mail that he is planning to attend the show (which shocked me too) and may even have something new available for sale at the show... :) That's enough hints for now. :)

Joel

To answer a few other questions, Joe Simon will be at the Titan booth promoting a new product, and apparently, helping Titan sell some signed Joe Simon lithographs. (Check out the Show Exclusives page and look for the paragraph on Titan for more info)

Some artists, like Neal Adams, have their own booth inside the show (look for Continuity Productions, or something like that, for Neal) and some just camp out at their publisher's booth instead of having Artist's Alley. I hope everyone on the Artist's Alley list shows. Campbell was the one that shocked me initially, but seeing Sienkiewicz and others was a nice surprise too... :)

Joel

To answer a few other questions, Joe Simon will be at the Titan booth promoting a new product, and apparently, helping Titan sell some signed Joe Simon lithographs. (Check out the Show Exclusives page and look for the paragraph on Titan for more info)

I would love one of those Fighting America lithos! If anyone is willing to help me out, drop me a PM.

To answer your question on the Kuberts and Romitas:

John Romita Sr. is NOT coming to the New York Comic Con. He is not on the list and never has been, which prompted Chandler Rice of Desert Wind Comics to work out the private signing that he was advertising. John Romita Jr. is on the Artist Alley list, and will probably be at the Marvel booth at least once, and who knows where else.

The best bet to find the Kuberts is in the Exhibitor section, look for the Kubert School booth. Typically, Adam and Andy will have small signings at the Kubert School booth, and Joe will possibly do an unannounced or very quiet signing for an hour or two one day of the show. (That is how me, Kris Moore, and others got Joe last year) Adam and Andy also usually sign at whatever publisher they are working for. I didn't see them on the DC list (at least, I don't remember and DC took down that list) and we won't know the Marvel schedule until the show. I am hoping at least one Kubert will make an appearance at the HERO Initiative table, but NOTHING is confirmed yet, to the best of my knowledge.

Ok, who else has a question about where people sign? :)

Joel

Gibbons is an interesting situation. When DC first posted their list of people that would be signing at their booth, Mr. Gibbons was NOT on that list. According to the Titan booth description, he is planning to do a signing at the Titan booth on Sunday of the show, in the afternoon (after I have to leave the show to fly back home, but that's beside the issue) which makes me wonder: If Titan is sponsoring Gibbons' appearance, will he have a limited amount of signing or time with the fans?

I don't know the answer. I am hoping that Dave will do some signings at the DC booth, and that he will do multiple signings at the Titan booth to promote his book Watching the Watchmen. I would check the Titan booth on Friday of the show.

To answer RavenX's question, I think most of those people will be found at publisher booths like Marvel. I would check the Artist Alley assignment table on Friday to see if any of these people got a last minute assignment to a table. I noticed that DC and Marvel were each granted a block of Artist Alley tables, perhaps folks like Olivetti will be there?

Any other guesses? I actually need some signatures from Michelenie and Olivetti myself.

Joel

I was just on the NYCC website, and John Romita Jr. is no longer on the list. Does anyone know if he is still going to be there? He isn't the only reason I bought a ticket, but he is still a very big reason...

I can't believe I missed that... When I alphabetized the Artist Alley assignments, it seems Romita Jr. was not on the list then! He is not on the artist alley list now either. Man, I have been trying to get Romita Jr's autograph on some things for almost 1.5 years now, and I think I need to give up. :) Or see if Chandler can work something out through Romita Sr. :P

Joel