• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunites - New York Comic Con Feb. 6-8. 2009

185 posts in this topic

Desert Wind Comics is still accepting submissions for the show. Please note that we can not make the Spigelman event on Thursday due to previous commitments but as for any other signing during the con.. Bring it on...

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Cancellations at the NYCC

Please note that due to personal matters and other commitments, the following guests have cancelled their NYCC appearances:

Tony Harris

Steve Epting

Dan Green

Joe Bennett

Guest of Honor J. Michael Straczynski had to cancel his appearance due to his nomination for a BAFTA Award.

NEW GUESTS AT THE NYCC (since the last update here)

New Guests of Honor

Takeshi Miike

New Special Guests

Colin Baker

Euros Lyn

Eve Miles

Joss Whedon

Marina Sirtis (signing at the Fan Expo Booth)

Sho Sakurai

Yancy Butler

Featured Guests

Eva Hopkins

Joseph Michael Linsner

Sheafe B. Walker, Esq

Robert Culp

New Attending Artists

Arlen Schumer

Aton Edwards

Buzz

Carlos D'Anda

Carolyn Belefski

Colleen Coover

David Campiti

David Lafuente

David Michelinie

Dennis Calero

Doug Braithwaite

Eddie Nuñez

Frankie D' Armata

Gary Friedrich

Gina Going

Giuseppe Camuncoli

Greg Farshtey

J.J. Kirby

Jay Faerber

Jinky Coronado

Joel Gomez

Jon Bogdanove

Kevin Maguire

Livio Ramondelli

Lloyd Goldfine

Marko Djurdjevic

Michael A. Furno

Michael J. Ahearn

Michael Lopez

Mike McKone

Neil Kleid

Oliver Nome

Paul Tobin

Philip Tan

Rodney Ramos

Ron Wilson

Sandra Hope

Scott Hanna

Tom Raney

Tom Smith

Tommy Lee Edwards

Tony Daniel

Whilce Portacio

Will Conrad

New Celebrity Guests

Bushwackers

Chris Harris

Dawn Marie

Ernest "The Cat" Miller

Jerry "The King" Lawler

Honky Tonk Man

Midajah

Roxxi

The greatest intercontinental champion of all time!!! Holy he must be a million years old by now! He was awesome!

Self-proclaimed. meh Macho Man Randy Savage or Ultimate Warrior were my top picks for best IC.

And no, NO ONE tops Hogan for Champ. :sumo:

The greatest intercontinental champion of all time!!! Holy he must be a million years old by now! He was awesome!

Self-proclaimed. meh Macho Man Randy Savage or Ultimate Warrior were my top picks for best IC.

No one tops Hogan, although the Ultimate Warrior did beat Hogan well he was the IC Champ ,1st time one single wrestler held both the IC and Heavyweight at the same time.

Sadly, I don't think Miike can sign any books (a lot of his movies are based on Manga, but I don't believe any Amiercan comic versions if his movies exist)....but he is a legend :headbang:

I'll probably just bring some DVDs to get signed, and maybe this:

41N6HHTF6BL._SS500_.jpg

The NYCC has teamed up with Dave & Busters Times Square to provide you with an awesome place to gather with your friends, fellow pop-culture nerds and even some NYCC staff for you to continue your con experience all weekend long...even after the show closes!

Introducing the Official NY Comic Con Bar, Dave & Buster's in Times Square! Be sure to stop by Dave & Busters throughout the weekend to play some awesome games with your $10 for $10 card found in your show bag, get a bite to eat, have some drinks and to continue the NYCC experience! Dave & Busters welcomes superheroes of all kind and is within close proximity of the Javits Center so getting there should be a breeze.

Want more? How about a Pre-Con Party on Thursday night with the Hero Initiative!

Creators, drinks and an awesome raffle all benefiting The Hero Initiative on Thursday at Dave & Buster's, the Con Bar from 5:30-7:30.

Check out the guest list:

Mike Perkins, Mark Brooks, Joe Quesada, Jay Leisten, Joe Benitez, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, Phillip Morris, Aaron Douglas, Dekker Dreyer, Brian Thompson, Yuri Lowenthal, J. LaRose.

And a $10 donation to the Hero Initiative gets you entered into a raffle for a bunch of cool prizes:

Official New York Comic Con VIP Ticket - Signed by Neal Adams.

Official New York Comic Con 2009 Show Poster - Framed & Signed by Neal Adams.

Back to the Future Flux Capacitor Unlimited Edition.

Emissary Poster - Signed by the complete cast of Emissary.

Marvel Then-and-Now DVD - Signed by Stan Lee & Joe Quesada.

The Book: Marvel Visionaries: John Romita Jr. - Signed by John Romita Jr.

12-inch Indiana Jones.

12-inch RAH Red Clone Trooper.

$25 Visa Gift Card.

Two $25 Midtown Comics Gift Cards

*Must be 21 or older to attend or accompanied by an adult 25 years or older.

Also, don't forget that the Hero Initiative will be running an Original Art Auction at the show... for details visit www.heroinitiative.org

]

I dont think Hogan was IC champ!

]

I didn't say he was ;) I said Champ (unqualified) :grin:

]

Mr. Perfect was the best IC Champ. Macho was a close second. Did Warrior hold his title long? I thought he just briefly held it until he beat Hogan for the World...

]

Mr. Perfect was the best IC Champ. Macho was a close second. Did Warrior hold his title long? I thought he just briefly held it until he beat Hogan for the World...

Warrior was 6th Longest Reign (but it might be total days

The Ultimate Warrior - 432 days

The Ultimate Warrior beat The Honky Tonk Man for the title in a surprise match at SummerSlam 88. He would go on to lose and regain the title from Rick Rude. At WrestleMania VI, he beat Hulk Hogan to become the WWE Champion. That victory marks the first time that the current Intercontinental Champion became the WWE Champion. He was forced to vacate the title after this match.