• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schomburg question

25 posts in this topic

From 1988...

gangsterswar27.jpg

Cool, I never saw that one before. Did he just do the cover or the whole issue? I think there is still a Marvel issue from 91?

Nice 'trooper cover! :headbang:

There was a hardcover book with that cover and it came signed and numbered didn't it?

hm

Yes, this is more of an ashcan than a regular comic. It was included with the signed, slipcased version of "The Comic Book Killer" which was signed by the author (whose name escapes me) as well as Alex Schomburg.

Ashcan's were used to secure trademarks so I don't think that's an apt description.

It's not his last newstand comic (that would be the Invaders) but rather a special limited edition used as a premium. In that sense, it's similar to the comic book that gets included inside a DVD or with a statue.

"Ashcan" in the 90's sense of a smaller version of a book. Not "Ashcan" in the 40's sense........

Not heard it used that way but then I've never done well at keeping up with what's being published.

From 1988...

gangsterswar27.jpg

Cool, I never saw that one before. Did he just do the cover or the whole issue? I think there is still a Marvel issue from 91?

Nice 'trooper cover! :headbang:

There was a hardcover book with that cover and it came signed and numbered didn't it?

hm

Yes, this is more of an ashcan than a regular comic. It was included with the signed, slipcased version of "The Comic Book Killer" which was signed by the author (whose name escapes me) as well as Alex Schomburg.

That looks like my scan.

My copy:

ComicBookKiller.jpg

ComicBookKiller2.jpg

ComicBookKiller3.jpg

ComicBookKiller4.jpg

ComicBookKiller5.jpg

ComicBookKiller6.jpg

ComicBookKiller7.jpg

ComicBookKiller8.jpg