• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schomburg question

25 posts in this topic

Does any body know what was Schomburg's last work was on a cover and also a complete comic? I know he did the Overstreet cover a while back and a cover to a comic but I cannot remember which one. I'd love to see his last complete comic, if there is such a thing. I know he left comics for the most part in the 50's but I thought he was lured back for an issue or two.

Comic Book Database doesn't list anything after the Invaders cover (or anything for about 25 years before it). His later printed works all appear to be reprints for reworked by other artists. It seems the database may be lacking a lot of information here.

Comic Book Database doesn't list anything after the Invaders cover (or anything for about 25 years before it). His later printed works all appear to be reprints for reworked by other artists. It seems the database may be lacking a lot of information here.

I had the same problem, I could not find accurate info.

From 1988...

gangsterswar27.jpg

Cool, I never saw that one before. Did he just do the cover or the whole issue? I think there is still a Marvel issue from 91?

Nice 'trooper cover! :headbang:

There was a hardcover book with that cover and it came signed and numbered didn't it?

hm

From 1988...

gangsterswar27.jpg

Cool, I never saw that one before. Did he just do the cover or the whole issue? I think there is still a Marvel issue from 91?

There was a hardcover book with that cover and it came signed and numbered didn't it?

hm

Yes, this is more of an ashcan than a regular comic. It was included with the signed, slipcased version of "The Comic Book Killer" which was signed by the author (whose name escapes me) as well as Alex Schomburg.

From 1988...

gangsterswar27.jpg

hm

Yes, this is more of an ashcan than a regular comic. It was included with the signed, slipcased version of "The Comic Book Killer" which was signed by the author (whose name escapes me) as well as Alex Schomburg.

That looks like my scan.

From 1988...

gangsterswar27.jpg

hm

Looks like an interesting book.

comic_killer.jpg

From 1988...

gangsterswar27.jpg

hm

Looks like an interesting book.

comic_killer.jpg

Somebody got lucky: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2814988Post2814988

comickiller.jpg

From 1988...

gangsterswar27.jpg

hm

Ashcan's were used to secure trademarks so I don't think that's an apt description.

It's not his last newstand comic (that would be the Invaders) but rather a special limited edition used as a premium. In that sense, it's similar to the comic book that gets included inside a DVD or with a statue.

From 1988...

gangsterswar27.jpg

hm

Ashcan's were used to secure trademarks so I don't think that's an apt description.

It's not his last newstand comic (that would be the Invaders) but rather a special limited edition used as a premium. In that sense, it's similar to the comic book that gets included inside a DVD or with a statue.

"Ashcan" in the 90's sense of a smaller version of a book. Not "Ashcan" in the 40's sense........