• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Festivus - air your grievances!

131 posts in this topic

Don Heck RULEZ! He drew gorgeous women, and his work on the Iron Man stories on The Avengers is the best ever. Not like that crapola the hacks like Colan and Buscema did after he moved on.

Anyone with a different opinion is a big ol' loser.

And don't even get me started on lazy nimrods like Steranko, and Adams, and that Limey nutbar Windsor-Smith.

None of those azzes could make a deadline to save his soul!

Kirby is more over rated than Ditko. At least when Ditko was good he was great. They both rather sucked as time went on and it's hard to compare the suckage of both during the 70's and beyond.

Folks who don't appreciate Stan Lees skill as a marketer as utmost of importance for Marvel and comics as a whole are missing something.

Kirby is more over rated than Ditko. At least when Ditko was good he was great. They both rather sucked as time went on and it's hard to compare the suckage of both during the 70's and beyond.

Folks who don't appreciate Stan Lees skill as a marketer as utmost of importance for Marvel and comics as a whole are missing something.

Kirby over rated? There goes my Christmas. :cry:

Ditko's best stuff was his Dr. Strange art, perfectly suited to his talent. Stan Lee was the most important creator in comic history.

Ditko's best stuff was his Dr. Strange art, perfectly suited to his talent. Stan Lee was the most important creator in comic history.

Kirby wasn't over rated but he couldn't draw a superhero to save his life.

:screwy:

He drew animals and scenery really nice, though.

:cloud9:

Stan Lee was the most important creator in comic history.

:roflmao:

I knew I would get :flamed: for that. 'specially in a GA thread. I can't think of any other creator that had a hand in so many great characters but I'm pretty sure you will suggest some.

Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Silver Surfer, Hulk, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Superman, Thor, Antman, Xmen......quite a body of work.

I love GA and the many great characters also. :foryou: Merry Christmas.

Stan Lee was the most important creator in comic history.

:roflmao:

I knew I would get :flamed: for that. 'specially in a GA thread. I can't think of any other creator that had a hand in so many great characters but I'm pretty sure you will suggest some.

Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Silver Surfer, Hulk, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Superman lol, Thor, Antman, Xmen......quite a body of work.

I love GA and the many great characters also. :foryou: Merry Christmas.

I won't suggest names b/c Stan IS an important creator in comic history, simply not THE most important creator. Merry Christmas :foryou:

Kirby wasn't over rated but he couldn't draw a superhero to save his life.

He drew animals and scenery really nice, though.

:cloud9:

Funny, I didn't think Kirby could draw animals. Imagine how cool Scrooge and Donald Duck would have been if Kirby had drawn them first.