• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hotflips New Product for CGC books. Feedback??

44 posts in this topic

I'm not sure I entirely understand them. Is the case made to hold two CGC cases or one? It looks like it's wider than it is tall in the pics on the chair. Also, you mention the "sliding" mechanism but it looks more hinged in all the pics.

At a glance, I like it, but I would want to know more before I plunked down the cash-ola!

Merry Christmas!

As for the feedback...

Is there a single frame option?

How does the acrylic hold up to scratching?

Is their UV protection?

We havent tried out a single frame because we dont think it would be cost effective.

It holds up to scratching pretty well. Unless you deliberately do it, you shouldnt have a problem.

They are UV protected to some extent. Albeit very little. No matter what kind of case you hang on your wall, even if it is 100 percent UV protected, if you put it in florescent lighting for long periods of time it wont be good for a book. In this case, you have the case and the book is already encapsulated. So it should be ok if properly taken care of.

I'm not sure I entirely understand them. Is the case made to hold two CGC cases or one? It looks like it's wider than it is tall in the pics on the chair. Also, you mention the "sliding" mechanism but it looks more hinged in all the pics.

At a glance, I like it, but I would want to know more before I plunked down the cash-ola!

I understand. By "sliding" i meant it slides on two hinges. I used a poor choice of words there. My fault. This case holds two cgc books and it is wider than tall.

Jeff

Looks nice. (thumbs u

The only thing that jumps out immediately re: the design is the closing mechanism.

Is it held in place only by magnets or by some other method?

With the swing door mechanism, what happens if the door swings open while it is on the wall? Will the slabs fall out or tip out? Will the opening door destabilize the frame against the wall causing the entire thing to fall to the floor?

Good question. The magnets will keep it closed. If the door swings open the books will not fall out as we added acrylic bumpers on the bottom to hold it in place. We also put them on the sides and in the middle too.

Do these hold the thicker slabs for that some books are encased in?

I believe they hold the thicker ones as well. Im not sure about the Magazine size.

ill check it out Friday when i get back to the warehouse.

It probably wont is what i am saying. Unless you keep it outside a window where sun comes in. Its the same thing when people hang paintings or art up. This gives it a little extra protection with the books already being encapsulated already.

What's the point of all this if the sun/light can still fade these books? ???

To show off your books. Go buys a sheet of UV coating and apply yourself of you're going to be displaying your books on your patio...

Thought I would throw in a suggestion. As CGC won't include a COA with a comic, this would be a great idea that if you make the frame/case large enough to have a regular 8/5 x 11" (which a COA usually is or smaller) piece of paper fit securely in with the CGC case, people could put the COA on display on the back of this item.

I don't suppose you got one that could hold 5 books...? hm 'Cause then I'd want 16 of them so I can do my photo journals covers recreation.

We can make it, but we are doing just the 2 and 4's now. We are still making the case that holds 4, hopefully we'll have it finished in a week or so.

Jeff