• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another example of superb ebay grading

30 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300283398390

Fantastic Four #1 Marvel Silver Age comic book in Fine to Very Fine condition! I would estimate this to be a 6.5 grade or better.

This is an excellent chance to own a piece of history! As of right now, there is also not another single copy listed on Ebay in any condition.

This is not a copy or anything other than the original issue of Fantastic Four #1 from 1961

This comic graded at a 6.5 is considered to be valued at almost $9,000 or better according to Overstreet and other similar sources. My reserve is less than half that.

NOTE: I am not a professional collector or grader. I am a fan who has a small collection and am selling a few select pieces that I own.

01e1_3.JPG

0d0f_3.JPG

196b_3.JPG

2600_3.JPG

CRACK KILLS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300283398390

Fantastic Four #1 Marvel Silver Age comic book in Fine to Very Fine condition! I would estimate this to be a 6.5 grade or better.

This is an excellent chance to own a piece of history! As of right now, there is also not another single copy listed on Ebay in any condition.

This is not a copy or anything other than the original issue of Fantastic Four #1 from 1961

This comic graded at a 6.5 is considered to be valued at almost $9,000 or better according to Overstreet and other similar sources. My reserve is less than half that.

NOTE: I am not a professional collector or grader. I am a fan who has a small collection and am selling a few select pieces that I own.

01e1_3.JPG

0d0f_3.JPG

196b_3.JPG

2600_3.JPG

CRACK KILLS

did you send him a proper grade Nelson :roflmao:

Looks like it needs some ironing...(uh oh, didnt mean to start another pressing thread!!) :makepoint:

(general reply to no one in particular)

Actually that book, while certainly not a F, let alone F-VF, simple REEKS of needing a pressing. A superb pressing candidate. Super key. Not a lot of really bad defects like large tears, stains etc. (only based on the scans). A pressing alone should do a considerable grade bump. Some folks say cleaning but honestly? Based on the pics? I would maybe do a mild dry clean but nothing chemical. The book is hyped way wrong. But the book's potential is way right.

Kenney? Any thoughts on this one?

Poor kid with foggy nerd glasses

I would have recommended he purchase some glasses cleaner from ebay

Nah. I am confident on my resto knowledge. I made some specifics. Please make your own observations. Simply after pressing how do you think this book would look, based on your own pressing experiences?

Nah. I am confident on my resto knowledge. I made some specifics. Please make your own observations. Simply after pressing how do you think this book would look, based on your own pressing experiences?

I was just hoping he would get ripped off himself by buying antifog lens cleaner on ebay. (shrug)lol

I was just hoping he would get ripped off himself by buying antifog lens cleaner on ebay. (shrug)lol

Oh! I thought you were talking about ME in the 2nd person (recommended he purchase some glasses cleaner ).

My apologies. Carry on!

(Yeah - the guy needs lens cleaner or lenses!) :hi:

i was gonnah say that was the estimated post pressing and cleaning grade but 5 other people beat me to it

unless that's water damage, it's probably a great candidate unless that's not a real cover