• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: XBox 360

40 posts in this topic

COD 4 is great. Medal of Honor series is also worth checking out.

And actually, COD 5 isn't as bad as everyone thinks. We've had a ton of replay value w/ the bonus Nazi Zombie level - once unlocked after plowing through the game. Get some multiplayer action going and enjoy. (thumbs u

Bioshock has been my favorite 360 game and can be had at GameStop for $20. I enjoyed Gears more than Gears 2 so far. Left 4 Dead is a blast as a party game, but not so much a solo FPS experience. I also haven't run into a Call of Duty game I haven't liked yet either :)

I have a PS2, but I have a buddy who has an XBox 360. One game that we had a TON of fun playing was "Earth Defense Force 2017". I'd highly recommend that to anyone who likes FPS (well, technically it's third-person shooter since the POV is behind and above the characters) games. A lot of stages and weapons to unlock.

my favorite 360 game ever is Shadowrun. I have gamefly and play every fotm shooter and i always go back to it, nothing is as fast paced diverse and action packed as far as fps imo. Also its like 12 bucks used :). jus make sure you play the whole tutorial or youll never know wtf is going on. EDIT: be warned this game is online only!

I hadn't owned a game system since the PS2 was out. Then I saw Assassins Creed and thought it was the sweetest thing ever. I went ahead and bought an Xbox360 simply to play it. Once I beat it I took the 360 back to Target. Of course then they released the game for the PC, which mine is capable of playing so I suppose I went through all that for nothing. Still, one of the most fun games i'd ever played. The controls were sweet, the mechanics were seemless and it was absolutely gorgeous to look at. Great game.

Thanks for all the suggestions...I will be picking up Bioshock and probably Fallout 3 :banana:

Sounds cool...Ill give it a look (thumbs u

I think Viva Pinata is a blast... but that's a fairly offbeat suggestion. An even more offbeat suggestion would be "Beautiful Katamari" which is easily one of my all-time favorite games.

Bioshock is good. Orange Box is good. You should download "Castle Crashers" as soon as is humanly possible, though. It's not an FPS, but it's a terrifically amusing side-scroller.

The game opens with the King of All Cosmos, his Queen, and the Prince, enjoying some tennis while on vacation. However, a powerful serve by the King causes the tennis ball to rip through the fabric of the universe, creating a black hole that sucks everything but the planet Earth into it. In order to correct it, the King commands the Prince to roll up katamaris on Earth to recreate the planets, sun, and other celestial features. Once the Prince completes this, the King then orders him to create a katamari large enough to plug up the black hole and restore order to the universe

Sounds interesting! hm

I just got an Xbox for Xmas and set it up about 3 days ago. I've gone thru a full 'story' of Samurai 2 & have borrowed Saints Row 2 to play around with. I got a Star Wars game too but will play it after my nephew has beaten it.

I'm amazed by the technology. Just imagine how photo-realistic these things will be in 10 years.......

I'm amazed by the technology. Just imagine how photo-realistic these things will be in 10 years.......

I'm playing 'Dead Space' right now, and if it were more photorealistic I'd need to wear a diaper.

...damn monsters in the air vents...

I just got an Xbox for Xmas and set it up about 3 days ago. I've gone thru a full 'story' of Samurai 2 & have borrowed Saints Row 2 to play around with. I got a Star Wars game too but will play it after my nephew has beaten it.

Play Halo 3...that will blow you away!