• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Court Ruling Jeopardizes Watchmen Release

32 posts in this topic

Just more ammo for the Fox cash grab.

This will simply result in Fox getting basically free $$ from the release of the movie so there's no real reason for them to outright block the release.

Rumors are spreading that Fox will try to edit it down/change the rating. That would be the ultimate kiss of death-----AKA PG-13 Die Hard and PG-13 Terminator.

It sounds like they only have distribution rights - that shouldn't effect the content of the movie itself, I wouldn't think. In any case, Fox is just looking for a pay-off. They'll settle and the movie will be released as scheduled I'm sure.

Hey...if they own some of the rights then they're entitled to share in the profits. I'm pretty sure they didn't receive those rights for free. So more power to them in getting their share...

They'd be stupid to not fight for their share...

Jim

Why did they wait until it was all filmed/produced to file suit??

The better question is why did Warner start filming before making sure they had the rights wrapped up?

I think Warner is far more in the wrong here than Fox...

Jim

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

"Watchmen is based on the limited comic book series penned by Moore and illustrated by Dave Gibbons and stars Patrick Wilson, Billy Crudup and Jackie Earle Haley as a band of outlaw superheroes who aim to stop a nuclear war from being launched by one of their own."

I've already read watchmen...but I think the author ruins much of the movie plot with that statement! :mad:

My question for Fox is: How can any company own the rights to movies produced by a certain director? ...and why would Zack Snyder have agreed to this? ....What if other publishers/media distributers/production companies want to hire him? (like Warner Bros).

I just finished reading the graphic novel. (thumbs u (thumbs u

Why didn't I read this 20 years ago? hm

Too busy listening to New Kids on the Block?

lol

I was more U2, Depeche Mode and New Order...

I didn't get around to reading Sandman until last year either. I was obviously too busy buying whatever drek Marvel was putting out at the time.