• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your favorite quote from a comic?

137 posts in this topic

Sums up Constantine fairly well (from #41):

"I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness. Oh, I've got it all sewn up. I can save you. If it takes the last drop of your blood, I'll drive your demons away. I'll kick them in the bollocks and spit on them when they're down and then I'll be gone back into darkness, leaving only a nod and a wink and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone... who would walk with me?"

In the Identity Crisis there is a good line between Superman and the other Superman where he says, "If this were a perfect world, there would be no need for a Superman."

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Shark, where did that start as it has been used a few times in comics? Superman?

Thanks

doh!

Only the single most famous line in the history of comics, thanks to Stan Lee and delivered by Spidey in Amazing Fantasy #15............1962.

This appears to be based on a quote from some guy named Jesus Christ:

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."

Luke 12:48

Edit: Looks like Bosco responded while I was looking it up :)

Interesting quote I'd not heard before, thanks for that!

The bit before is interesting too:

"But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows."

So in other words, ignorance of the law IS a valid excuse! Great! :grin:

Found it!

The actual line is "WITH GREAT POWER THERE MUST ALSO COME - GREAT RESPONSIBILITY!"

Thanks folks for the quote education

What about if you only had good or decent power...how much responsibility then? (shrug):grin:

No superpowers, no driving the porsche.

Sums up Constantine fairly well (from #41):

"I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness. Oh, I've got it all sewn up. I can save you. If it takes the last drop of your blood, I'll drive your demons away. I'll kick them in the bollocks and spit on them when they're down and then I'll be gone back into darkness, leaving only a nod and a wink and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone... who would walk with me?"

Fantastic quote from one of my favorite modern characters. Thanks for that!

From Amazing Adult Fantasy # 9

Tim Boo Ba sounds like an hm

"But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows."

Sounds like you will be beaten whether you know or do not know to me :)

From Amazing Adult Fantasy # 9

Tim Boo Ba sounds like an hm

He's actually a fellow that runs one of the largest comic stores globally, MH. Just changed the name to avoid any legal concerns with his universal conquest lawyers.

Sounds like you will be beaten whether you know or do not know to me :)

"Few blows" = leniency :grin:

"Quiet or papa spank!" Uttered by Batman with Catwoman over his lap in Batman #1. She got quite the paddling I'm told.

I saw this same line uttered by superman in a comic, anyone know the story there? He's holding a baby....

Also : much love for GL

waistdown.jpg