• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saw it in the GOLD section, Silver Age predictions in 2009??

9 posts in this topic

Morning everyone,

Just stealing Bunky's idea from the Gold section, and did not see it here. Any predictions in regards to SA for 2009?? Lets hear it guys! (Besides AF 15 going up 300% again?)

It's really hard to say, given the incredible price jumps that we saw in ultra-HG SA Marvels and just about all major SA Marvel keys in 2008. Can they be sustained? It will be really interesting to see if some 9.4 and better mega-keys, such as X-Men 1, JIM 83, Avengers 1 and TOS 39 come on the market in 2009. Some of these haven't been publicly sold in quite a while.

Agreed with HG Showcase 22. More people are discovering Hal. But, I don't think the DC keys will keep pace with Marvel, in terms of price appreciation.

Unless, of course, the economy trumps all and prices drop across the board.

Ok, so are they doing a Green Lantern movie or ? Just curious as to why you think Showcase 22 will move a bit. I may pick up one of these, as its a kewl book anyways. Thanks

It's really hard to say, given the incredible price jumps that we saw in ultra-HG SA Marvels and just about all major SA Marvel keys in 2008. Can they be sustained? It will be really interesting to see if some 9.4 and better mega-keys, such as X-Men 1, JIM 83, Avengers 1 and TOS 39 come on the market in 2009. Some of these haven't been publicly sold in quite a while.

There's that 9.8 curator for sale on metropolis (iirc) :shrug: though they're not telling you the price so i'm guessing if you have to ask you can't afford it.....

There's that 9.8 curator for sale on metropolis (iirc) :shrug: though they're not telling you the price so i'm guessing if you have to ask you can't afford it.....

9.8 curator of which book?