• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mighty Marvel Comic Convention - 1975
1 1

73 posts in this topic

I recently picked up a Strange Tales #86 from an eBay seller and also noticed he had something else interesting for sale (which I obviously bought). It's basically a magazine titled "Welcome to the First.... Mighty Marvel Comic Convention. It was apparently held at the Hotel Commodore in New York on March 22nd, 23rd and 24th in 1975.

MightyMarvelComicConventionCover.jpg

I got it pretty cheap (less than $10) and thought it was a great piece of Marvel history. I'll post more pics here in a few minutes including a pic of a young Stan Lee, pics of the infamous "Marvel Bullpen" and a back cover scan of the Hulk.

And here are some inside pages showing pics of some of the members of the infamous "Marvel Bullpen". I've circled some of the more familiar names of the writers and artists.

MarvelBullpenPage1.jpg

MarvelBullpenPage2.jpg

MarvelBullpenPage3.jpg

MarvelBullpenPage4.jpg

Edited by shark2557

I have one I can sell you for 20.00 shipping included.No pen inside either

Mine has no writing in it either. I used my Dell printer software to draw circles around the names after I scanned the pages.

Great pics - despite collecting for 30 plus years I'd never seen pictures of some of those Marvelites. Doug Moench looked like a real hippie, whilst Frank Robbins looked, err, interesting.

Didn't see Kirby's mugshot in there, though. :eek:

Thanks, shark, for posting the Bullpen pictures.

1975 was just two years after I stopped collecting comics for the first time (they killed Gwen) and it's unexpectedly nostalgic to see the 70s faces that created/molded many of the characters and stories I enjoy as a youngster.