• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9 Comic book characters to watch in 2009

25 posts in this topic

if the title said "which characters are ready to bust out in 2009," power girl would be #1

Tell you what, there are only a few people I've seen that I would appreciate in a Power Girl costume :P I'd love to make that some time. But it takes a special kind of girl to pull it off!

http://www.kribbs.com/dodge/Power-Girl-2.gif

http://www.cleavelin.net/archives001/pgbust.jpg

You know, I am so glad DR Strange made the cut. What an underrated character for the longest time. I still have my high-grade Doctor Strange 169-172's and 1970's #1-5's tucked away as I always had hope for him.

Thanks again

if the title said "which characters are ready to bust out in 2009," power girl would be #1

PowerGirl01cover.standard.jpg:o

:o :o

You know, I am so glad DR Strange made the cut. What an underrated character for the longest time. I still have my high-grade Doctor Strange 169-172's and 1970's #1-5's tucked away as I always had hope for him.

Thanks again

I agree. I have long expressed that Doc Strange is too underrated. ST 101 vs ST 110 the $$$ difference is absurd. Human Torch was certainly not a new character, either in GA or SA, by the time 101 came out.

Not sure if you have sigs turned off but this haiku is in my sig and reflects my affection for the doc. (Have to wonder, after a few conversations with some comic folk, how many actually got it.)

Strange Tales One O One

Flames presage the Mystic One.

Enter One One O

Tell you what, there are only a few people I've seen that I would appreciate in a Power Girl costume :P I'd love to make that some time. But it takes a special kind of girl to pull it off!

http://www.kribbs.com/dodge/Power-Girl-2.gif

http://www.cleavelin.net/archives001/pgbust.jpg

What, Gwyneth Paltrow couldn't pull it off? They'd have to use more silicone than the medical industry could spare right now, but if it's for a good cause.....

Hey, that would be a great thread to start - which actress could pull off playing Power Girl.

Thanks again

I agree. I have long expressed that Doc Strange is too underrated. ST 101 vs ST 110 the $$$ difference is absurd. Human Torch was certainly not a new character, either in GA or SA, by the time 101 came out.

Not sure if you have sigs turned off but this haiku is in my sig and reflects my affection for the doc. (Have to wonder, after a few conversations with some comic folk, how many actually got it.)

Strange Tales One O One

Enter One One O

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

st110.jpg

Thanks again

Strange Tales One O One

Enter One One O

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

st110.jpg

Horder lol

Outstanding. I was expecting some genius to look at the list of upcoming comic book movies with the biggest budgets and just rattle them off. I wasn't expecting the writer to actually follow comic books.

Wolverine, who is my favorite comic character, is going to be in 4 of his own titles: Wolverine, Wolverine: Origins, Wolverine: First Class, and Wolverine: Weapon X.

Can you say oversaturation?

Marvel is beginning to disgust me. They have become the Whore of Babylon...

As much as I love the Wolverine character...how much fresh/original stuff can you do with him? I got out of reading comics just because of this kind of thing, multiple titles for one or a group of characters, which forces you at some point to buy all the titles (@ 2.99 a pop or more!) :makepoint:

What I would really like to know is who will be big in 2010 so I can spend the next year collection them.

Blob.jpg

:headbang:

Wolverine, who is my favorite comic character, is going to be in 4 of his own titles: Wolverine, Wolverine: Origins, Wolverine: First Class, and Wolverine: Weapon X.

Can you say oversaturation?

Looks like KISS in 1978 ......... 4 solo albums released in one single day

It was the last hurrah for that band.