• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY COMICCON FEBRUARY 6th - 8th at the JAVITZ CENTER

39 posts in this topic

I will be there

Michael (One Minute Later) Finn

Oh man...we gotta meet for dinner.

I will be there wrangling the booth for Bolland again so you will know where to find me.

Best,

Chris

Who is going to organize a dinner/get together?!? Hari?

Hi David,

I was hoping to, but looks like I'll be on-call that weekend for work. I'll still be at the show, but it's hit-or-miss when I might have to leave. Hence, not organizing a dinner this year.

There is a CGC dinner that's being organized, though, on the Friday night. We may want to have it all together, or still do something separately. But, someone else will have to do the organizing this time.

How about it David? Up for the challenge? I could help with some planning and organizing, but I can't be counted on this year for the details and last-minute stuff.

Hari

Hi,

reading the forum since a few months, but first time replying.

Coming from Italy third time in a row, I will be at NY ComicCon.

From 1996 to 2000 I had the opportunity to be in San Diego, because for my job I was already in California. Since then I couldn't afford the travel, for lack of time and money (better put it on OA,;-), but when NY ComicCon was at its second year, I decided to try it and (even if for OA it isn't like SD) I found that it is good enough for me, much less expensive and much closer to Europe and it gives me the opportunity to meet again many American friends.

I would like to take this opportunity for meeting many of you, so if there is any social event, I will be happy to attend. Anyway when I won't be around the exhibition floor, I will be hanging with my friend Enrico at RedSectorArt booth.

Ciao from Italy,

Massimo (MaxMagnus) Cuomo

P.S. If any of you is selling a "Dream Of the Rarebit Fiend" page, please, drop me a line

fyi

There is a general CGC Forum Boards dinner being organized over at the events section of these message Boards if anyone is interested. They are hoping to get 30 attendees and are about half way there.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2842300#Post2842300

Cheers!

N

:gossip: ....and if we get 30 interested people....3 hour OPEN BAR! :headbang:

fyi

There is a general CGC Forum Boards dinner being organized over at the events section of these message Boards if anyone is interested. They are hoping to get 30 attendees and are about half way there.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2842300#Post2842300

Cheers!

N

:gossip: ....and if we get 30 interested people....3 hour OPEN BAR! :headbang:

Hey Guys,

I'm the one organizing this years shin dig. It'll be Saturday night after the show. It is being held at MR Biggs New York at 43rd and 10th so it is a short walk from the Javits. As Evilash said, if we can get at least 30 people we'll have a fixed price of $50 a head with 3 hour open bar, appetizer and entree. If not, we'll reserve seats for those who are coming and go from there. We are half way there and would love to see as many of you there as possible.

Here is the page with all the details:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2889288#Post2889288

Either post on that thread or PM me and I'll add your name to the list.

Casey

For those who are interested....

Here is an updated list with everyone whose paid and those that have not. If you can paypal me ahead of time that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to those that already have. If those on the confirmed list can't make it, please let me know. Also, there is still room for more so if anyone else will be in town and wants to join us, let me know. I will be making the rounds at the show wearing my "got CGC?" t-shirt, so feel free to pull me aside and I'll add your name.

CGC Forum Dinner

Price: $50 per person

Date: Sat. Feb 7th

Time 7:30-10:30pm

Place: Mr. Biggs Bar & Grill

596 10th Ave (Corner of 43rd St.)

My paypal id: casey_sand@hotmail.com

Confirmed:

1) Evilash (Paid)

2) FFcomics (Paid)

3) Preacher (Paid)

4) kc120us (Paid)

5) shiverbones (Paid)

6) Pitboss (Paid)

7) Bob-a-loo & 8) spouse (Paid)

9) Blow up the moon & 10) partner (Paid)

11) r1970d & 12) aBakergirl (Paid)

13) Esquirecomics

14) Tupennyconan (Paid)

15) Burntboy

16) sborock

17) silverandbronze

18) Mr.Mylar

19) Dmac538

20) Cheezy Whiz & 21) girlfriend (Paid)

22) szelim (Paid)

23) cgcworld (probably )

24) Doc Watson (probably )