• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My nephew likes Spiderman WAY too much .... should I be concerned?

Should I be concerned with my nephew's obsession with all things Spiderman?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be concerned with my nephew's obsession with all things Spiderman?

15 posts in this topic

My nephew is 4 1/2 and has been ADDICTED to Spiderman since age 3.

He has everything Spidey..... Halloween costume (he wears it year round), couch, chair, books (which he can't read), action figures, towels, watch (he can't tell time), etc.

As a lifelong DC fan, I cannot understand what he sees in Spidey.

I gave him some Batman stuff but he continues to stick with Spidey.

Should I be concerned by his blind devotion to Spiderman?

Seems normal to me.

Kids used to get into comic characters around age 7 or 8, but he's already addicted at age 3.

Shows you how much Marvel can make off Spiderman without selling a singe comic book, because my nephew can't read and has no comics at all.

Seems normal to me.

Ya, I even know lots of older guys that never grow out of wanting to show some girl or another their web shooter :whistle:

Sounds like my nephew...first Batman, then Spidey, then the Hulk......obsessed with them all....he still is in a way. However, they all take a back seat to his girlfriend....He started noticing girls at about 15...he's 18 now. I wouldn't worry too much....his tastes will probably broaden. Most kids his age have tunnel vision.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

No----He'll grow out of it.

If he gets obsessed with Teletubbies,then worry.

He used to be obsessed with something called "The Wiggles" and (cringe) "Dora The Explorer". But that was because he just followed his older sister's lead on those things.

Spiderman is his first addiction that is all his own.

He also has some other superhero stuff like Hulk, Batman, DC Universe book, but shows little interest in them.

How if only he'd stop watching Hannah Montana

No----He'll grow out of it.

If he gets obsessed with Teletubbies,then worry.

He used to be obsessed with something called "The Wiggles" and (cringe) "Dora The Explorer". But that was because he just followed his older sister's lead on those things.

Spiderman is his first addiction that is all his own.

He also has some other superhero stuff like Hulk, Batman, DC Universe book, but shows little interest in them.

How if only he'd stop watching Hannah Montana

:eek:

Should I be concerned by his blind devotion to Spiderman?

Definitely. I hope it doesn't require surgery. :wishluck:

:jokealert: